Share your Prepaid / Postpaid Plan details

Why would anyone do that? If you have broadband access, it's much stable than mobile data.

Yes, completely agree, but I just thought that with Vodafone giving 4GB data per day, and all of it anyway going waste due to home WiFi, some might have thought of not renewing their WiFi connection (for whom 4GB per day is a decent enough allowance). Also, each household might have more than one such SIM in the family, so the "per day allowance" of data would be quite high in the family (especially since all will be at home now).

If the internet speeds of mobile data are good enough (location specific), then I thought some might have done away with WiFi. I do agree, that most bros on this forum cant live without home WiFi though :smile2:

Also, each household might have more than one such SIM in the family, so the "per day allowance" of data would be quite high in the family (especially since all will be at home now).
This is why i have started using per day FUP plan for my broadband connection from last few months. It turned out to be satisfactory for my needs. I have taken just 10 GB per day plan currently. Costs ₹765 incl. taxes.

Airtel postpaid plan 199+gst = 235
Unlimited calls.
25 GB data + data rollover up to 200GB/month.
100 SMS.

Last edited:
My Idea postpaid become Vodafone postpaid..
My plan 399 Red entertainment...
40Gb per month...+ 200Gb Rollover
Unlimited calling.
Zee5 subscription, vodafone play subscription free
Currently amazon prime subscription (1yr free)

Vodafone Prepaid
Rs 449 plan with Double Data Offer of 4GB/day, valid for 56 days.
Rs 50 discount coupon as a part of 100% Cashback offer for earlier Rs 399 recharge.
Effective Cost = Rs 449 - Rs 50 = Rs 399.
Not bad for 4GB/day I guess.

See the attached file.
iRCHY5o.jpg

Primary :- Airtel Corporate Postpaid is little costly, but still totally worth it, imho. Rs249/- with UL calls, 100SMS/day, 30GB data upto 200GB Roll-over. Earlier was on Rs149 -- 10GB data, upto 200GB roll-over. Changed to current plan, as 10GB is too small, for few family members.

t2t4w1p.png

Secondary:- Jio Prepaid Number having some 125+ mixed vouchers of Rs399 (1.5GB/day 84 days), Rs448 (2GB/day 84 days), Rs299 (3GB/day, 28 days), etc.. All those vouchers are bought with Rs50 discount vouchers (Got 8 numbers of Rs50 vouchers by recharging each of Rs399 [total 16xRs399 recharges] done in Nov 2017). So Actual cost of Rs399 is Rs349 with UL calls incl non-Jio, 1.5GB daily data, 84 days, Rs299--> Rs249 UL calls incl non-Jio, 3GB/day, 28 days [Rs50 voucher was allowed to be applied, when doing combined recharge of Rs299+Rs98] and Rs448 --> Rs398 UL calls incl non-Jio, 2GB/day, 84 days. All these vouchers are shared with my 7 family members. No worry of tariff hike or off-net call charges for 5 years min (4 years remaining) for each of the numbers.

ljmLerf.png

Tertiary:- Idea Prepaid number : UL Calls, 100SMS/Day, 1.5GB/day data, valid till Jan2023 (recharged on Nov2019, before tariff hike). I know, VoId is in bad shape. But if Ambani deserves Rs50k from me (Jio recharges above), Rs5k is a fair amount for Birla, isn't it? Further considering Spectrum payment moratorium, (AGR as well) VoId may live upto 2022 end.

FYSJFWC.png

If may look like, I am spending a lot of money per month. But the actual value is Rs249 (Airtel) + Rs125 (Jio) + Rs140 (Idea) = Rs514 (incl GST, as I get GST refund in my Corp connection) per month. Comparing my pre-Jio tariff plan of Solitaire 1599+15% Tax in Airtel (8GB data, 10k mins incl roaming, roaming SMS chargeable), my current usage is more than 3.5 times cheaper, with 2 backup numbers.

Primary :- Airtel Corporate Postpaid is little costly, but still totally worth it, imho. Rs249/- with UL calls, 100SMS/day, 30GB data upto 200GB Roll-over. Earlier was on Rs149 -- 10GB data, upto 200GB roll-over. Changed to current plan, as 10GB is too small, for few family members.

t2t4w1p.png

Secondary:- Jio Prepaid Number having some 125+ mixed vouchers of Rs399 (1.5GB/day 84 days), Rs448 (2GB/day 84 days), Rs299 (3GB/day, 28 days), etc.. All those vouchers are bought with Rs50 discount vouchers (Got 8 numbers of Rs50 vouchers by recharging each of Rs399 [total 16xRs399 recharges] done in Nov 2017). So Actual cost of Rs399 is Rs349 with UL calls incl non-Jio, 1.5GB daily data, 84 days, Rs299--> Rs249 UL calls incl non-Jio, 3GB/day, 28 days [Rs50 voucher was allowed to be applied, when doing combined recharge of Rs299+Rs98] and Rs448 --> Rs398 UL calls incl non-Jio, 2GB/day, 84 days. All these vouchers are shared with my 7 family members. No worry of tariff hike or off-net call charges for 5 years min (4 years remaining) for each of the numbers.

ljmLerf.png

Tertiary:- Idea Prepaid number : UL Calls, 100SMS/Day, 1.5GB/day data, valid till Jan2023 (recharged on Nov2019, before tariff hike). I know, VoId is in bad shape. But if Ambani deserves Rs50k from me (Jio recharges above), Rs5k is a fair amount for Birla, isn't it? Further considering Spectrum payment moratorium, (AGR as well) VoId may live upto 2022 end.

FYSJFWC.png

If may look like, I am spending a lot of money per month. But the actual value is Rs249 (Airtel) + Rs125 (Jio) + Rs140 (Idea) = Rs514 (incl GST, as I get GST refund in my Corp connection) per month. Comparing my pre-Jio tariff plan of Solitaire 1599+15% Tax in Airtel (8GB data, 10k mins incl roaming, roaming SMS chargeable), my current usage is more than 3.5 times cheaper, with 2 backup numbers.
It does not make sense to recharge with multiple packs in Jio that have monthly validity. You are wasting your money. Instead, you must have rechsrged with Rs.2399 or Rs.2599 yearly pack many times.

Also using postpaid connection is a sheer wastage of money compared to prepaid.

It does not make sense to recharge with multiple packs in Jio that have monthly validity. You are wasting your money. Instead, you must have rechsrged with Rs.2399 or Rs.2599 yearly pack many times.
Haha... Rs2399/Rs2599 packs??? Ones with limited offnet calls and after the almost 40% tariff hike during December 2019??

All those packs are recharged before Jio started charging offnet calls (Long before September 2019). So no limited offnet calls in any of the recharge. They are the recharges when jio recharges are cheap most and vfm (Rs399 -- 1.5GB/day 84 days). Further almost all those recharges are used with Rs50 discount vouchers. So it is Rs349 -- 1.5GB/day 84 days in actual. Now 1.5GB/day 84 days equals to Rs555 and that too with limited offnet calls. Savings is almost 60% and not waste of money.

The idea is to use Rs50 discount vouchers, which I had almost 140 or 150 (total from 7 family members). If I have to use Rs50 vouchers on annual plan (Rs1499 [not sure] at that time), I might have to spend more than 2Lakhs Rs and done recharges for 20 years for each of those 7 numbers. I am not happy to do recharge for 20 years. So I have spent close to Rs50k (Average Rs7000 for each member) with 5 years of super value recharges. So average is Rs1400/year/member, still cheaper than Rs1449/year (after Rs50 voucher on Rs1499). So no benefit in recharging long term full year recharges.
Also using postpaid connection is a sheer wastage of money compared to prepaid.
What is good for someone, may be bad for some other person. Reason is, "not everybody is same".

I am using Corporate postpaid connections with almost 50 numbers, incl sister concerns.
[1] Operator can change prepaid tariff plans, anyday. But NOT possible for them in corp connections.
[2] Priority CC. I can't explain this benefit enough. Only experienced CC with tech knowledge attends us. But for whom its useless, I can understand.
[3] GST 18% is availed as ITC.
[4] Numbers are in name of Co, so it can't be hijacked by staff leaving co, which always happens when giving prepaid number to staff. This benefit is so great, I can write one mega article about this.
[5] Cheap vanity numbers (FREE in my case). My no is ABCCBBCCAA (first 3 numbers fixed -->> operator) and Family member numbers + office Mgr numbers are ABCCBBDDAA, where D -->> 0 to 9. I am sure you can't get such numbers in prepaid, especially FREE.
[6] Itemised bills. Tracking staff's usage.
[7] Vehicle tracking numbers. Must have for all the trucks. Not available in Prepaid.
[8] Location tracking for sales staff. Again not available in Prepaid, as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock