• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 6,840

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Vodafone Idea is likely to find its cash balance of ₹21000 crore at the end of June wiped out as a result of the SC order

The Supreme Court has ruled that private telcos such as Vodafone Idea Ltd and Bharti Airtel Ltd need to shell out hefty payouts to the government, on account of license fee dues and penalties. The disputed license fee in question was about Rs23000 crore. But the amount the government was claiming, and is now likely to get as a result of the Supreme Court order, is over Rs90,000 crore, including penalties and interest.

SC order means fines on Vodafone Idea, Airtel can fund BSNL, MTNL revival plan

In future, there would be just one mobile service provider, The Jio.. All bsnl, airtel and vodafone have to close their business in India. Telcom sectors are facing very tough competition from Jio. Scraping off IUC, loosing share, loosing customers and now this huge fine. That's a big blow for them. They can't survive even they merge their company. They won't be able to buy spectrum for 5G. I feel very sad for them. In future we will not get unlimited internet from local cable operators and have to take Jio's expensive pack to get OTT service..

In future, there would be just one mobile service provider, The Jio.. All bsnl, airtel and vodafone have to close their business in India. Telcom sectors are facing very tough competition from Jio. Scraping off IUC, loosing share, loosing customers and now this huge fine. That's a big blow for them. They can't survive even they merge their company. They won't be able to buy spectrum for 5G. I feel very sad for them. In future we will not get unlimited internet from local cable operators and have to take Jio's expensive pack to get OTT service..
See my friend whats wrong is wrong if you wanna do business don't break the rules.

There should be competition in the Market. Jio and TRAI along with our Central govt is taking down all the competitors. This isnt good. Looking at the article, it appears that VOID would soon declare Bankruptcy.

This is not good at all. Revival package for intentionally loss making company like Bsnl is not wise. They should simply close them out. It's our tax money.

Largely blame lies with people who run after freebies without understanding larger long term implications. Anyways if other operators shut shop then users should not cry foul, just like they r enjoying benefits from Jio at present.... Later on possible high rates must be accepted.

I suggest airtel, vodafone to sell their stakes rather than continue to suffer losses.... Afterwards in future if need arises and people realise mistake they should consider re entering market.

Largely blame lies with people who run after freebies without understanding larger long term implications. Anyways if other operators shut shop then users should not cry foul, just like they r enjoying benefits from Jio at present.... Later on possible high rates must be accepted.

I suggest airtel, vodafone to sell their stakes rather than continue to suffer losses.... Afterwards in future if need arises and people realise mistake they should consider re entering market.
How do you expect ppl to not go behind freebies bro. Here in TN, most of the times govt comes to power with freeby announcements only.

Govt should have analysed and predicted the situation and acted accordingly.

This whole mess should be owned by TRAI/Central Govt and JIO. Not us.

Rich people can avoid freebies and continue to pay more. But middle Class and poor will choose freebies obviously.

How do you expect ppl to not go behind freebies bro. Here in TN, most of the times govt comes to power with freeby announcements only.

Govt should have analysed and predicted the situation and acted accordingly.

This whole mess should be owned by TRAI/Central Govt and JIO. Not us.

Rich people can avoid freebies and continue to pay more. But middle Class and poor will choose freebies obviously.

People r at fault. They just want all things free or at lowest cost. Such a situation leads to more issues. Those who r financially stable also do not want to pay justified amount, until such mindset changes healthy competition will not thrive. Glad in my family no one has Jio bcoz we decided not to support such offers.

If people fall for freebies then they should not complaint about issues arising out of it. Unfortunately most people tend to act selfish and want their needs to be fulfilled while they pinpoint blame on others when faced themselves with problems.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock