SC order means fines on Vodafone Idea, Airtel can fund BSNL, MTNL revival plan

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 6,939
Unethical was not making users aware that they were using an unstable service which both had stability and voice calling issues. They needed to sort out interconnection port issue before launching their services to public. Most users like me ended up using other networks and internet for voice calling. Toll free numbers also didn't work when they first launch.
When a person installs an app which is in beta testing he understands full well what he will encounter bugs but the thing that draws him towards it is the promise of getting to use new features of the app which are not yet available to the stable version of the app users.
The same was the case with Jio. It was a well-known fact that there was point of interconnect issue with the voice call and VoLTE wasn't fully stable. And Jio had made it publically known that it wouldn't start charging till it had ironed out these creases. The people who joined Jio did so as a secondary number not by porting their primary numbers. They did this to experience the next-gen digital services fully aware of the prevalent issues and didn't mind it since they weren't paying a single rupee for it.
So playing the victim here and claiming that Jio took undue advantage of unaware users is completely false. Indians are smart people, even if they go in the marketplace to buy a banana they will check the fruit at 2 to 3 stalls before buying.

Last edited:
I think people forgot the lifetime free unlimited calls promise made by Ambani. :) the promise expired in just 3 years

When a person installs an app which is in beta testing he understands fully well what he will encounter bugs but the thing that draws him towards it is the promise of getting to use new features of the app which are not yet available to the stable version of the app users.
The same was the case with jio. It was a well known fact that there were point of interconnect issues with the voice call and VoLTE wasn't fully stable. And Jio had made it publically known that it wouldn't start charging till it had ironed out these creases. The people who joined Jio did so as a secondary number not by porting their primary numbers. They did this to experience the next gen digital services fully aware of the prevalent issues and didn't mind it since they weren't paying rupee for it.
So playing victim here and claiming that Jio took undue advantage of unaware users is completely false. Indians are smart people, even if they go in the marketplace to buy a banana they will check the fruit at 2 to 3 stalls before buying.
At first no one's playing victim here. Testing phase should have been early April 2016 atleast in my city when Jio was seeking new users until public announcement on September. While signing up for service they should have provided documentation of users being beta testers. And porting in was available soon after their launch despite Jio being fully aware about interconnection issue. They should have seeked TRAI and disabled the same until the issue was resolved. Even I shared same feedback several times with them.

Like Siva bro. I don't believe in promises of corporate companies as it's unrealistic.

Since you guys made a post about Airtel's lifetime incoming calls promise. Let me highlight you Jio never keeps its promise. Forget about IUC charges for which I think their hands are tied. Meanwhile who is stopping them from offering 20% more data than competition. I get 3 GB data for ₹48 on Airtel while Jio offers 2 GB for ₹98.
That is like comparing apples to oranges. Jio's 98 plan gives 2GB of data along with unlimited on-net calling and 300 SMS whereas Airtel 48 plan only offers 3GB data with no calling or SMS benefits. Compare like to like. Jio has a pure data top up of 51 which offers the same 3GB data, while Airtel's data validity is limited to 28 days, the Jio data can be used as per the validity of the base plan for 56 or 84 days as well.

I think people forgot the lifetime free unlimited calls promise made by Ambani. :) the promise expired in just 3 years
Jio to Jio calls and Jio and Landline call are still free now. After 31-Dec-19, all free calls to other mobile networks can be adjusted in Unlimited pack. Wait and see...

Last edited:
That is like comparing apples to oranges. Jio's 98 plan gives 2GB of data along with unlimited on-net calling and 300 SMS whereas Airtel 48 plan only offers 3GB data with no calling or SMS benefits. Compare like to like. Jio has a pure data top up of 51 which offers the same 3GB data, while Airtel's data validity is limited to 28 days, the Jio data can be used as per the validity of the base plan for 56 or 84 days as well.
On Airtel also validity is not limited to 28 days, its same as active unlimited plan.

Screenshot-20191025-151849.jpg

Mr. Ambani should hold terms and conditions sign while making every announcements. Calling were always suppose to be free. He never mentioned that we had to buy an active internet plans on the same. And Jio sells data plans not one call centric plans. Calls and sms comes as perks for buying internet plans.
On Airtel also validity is not limited to 28 days, its same as active unlimited plan.

If not on unlimited plan this can be carried to next month on any 3G/4G internet plan recharged before expiration.

Mr. Ambani should hold terms and conditions sign while making every announcements. Calling were always suppose to be free. He never mentioned that we had to buy an active internet plans on the same. And Jio sells data plans not one call centric plans. Calls and sms comes as perks for buying internet plans.

If not on unlimited plan this can be carried to next month on any 3G/4G internet plan recharged before expiration.
Why changing plans by TRAI on IUC? If TRAI continues zero IUC as per plan, then Jio free calls will be happen again.

I don't have access to Airtel thanks app so I just went by what was displayed in top up plan info on paytm for Airtel. But thanks for clarifying.

Why changing plans by TRAI on IUC? If TRAI continues zero IUC as per plan, then Jio free calls will be happen again.
Both Jio and Airtel needs to rethink before making any lifetime promises.

IMHO until that fiber line internet company (take the hint) recovers it's losses from its botched launch. IUC charges would be there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock