Samsung S7 Edge Doesn't Boot

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 4,457
It could be a battery problem or it could be a small component inside motherboard too which is malfunctioning when device heats up a bit. Service center guys say it's motherboard as they can neither diagnose the small parts inside the motherboard nor repair them. Mobile turned on twice till now, before going back to the original state. If it's a motherboard problem, it should not turn on.
Yes bro,
but unfortunate thing it's very difficult to check battery.
i too afraid of my s7 Edge now after knowing you problem , if something happen, we cannot fix it.
i read somewhere, for charging port replacement also, we have to pay full price of Display too.
Samsung must come with a solution for year old mobile problems

No sign of life after it turned off for the second time!

I took the mobile to a different service center on Saturday. I personally spoke to the technician and told him what is happening. I asked him to thoroughly check the problem this time around as it doesn't seem to be a motherboard issue as the 1st service center guys suggested. I got a call in the evening from the service center and I was shocked to hear the update. The lady with a nice voice said, "Sir your phone's Motherboard, battery, display and tapes need to be replaced and it will cost you 28,600 rupees". I didn't say a word to her, just said disconnect the call, I'm coming there directly.

I went to the service center and went inside to talk to the technician. I asked him how did he decide all these parts are damaged. He said, he checked using the parts of a working phone which was luckily at the service center due to SIM tray issue. He inserted my phone's motherboard into the other phone and it didn't work. He inserted the other phone's motherboard into my phone and that also didn't work. Since both the ways didn't work, he decided all parts are gone in my mobile. I told him to do the same thing in front of me and he agreed.

As soon as he inserted my phone's motherboard into the other phone and connected the charger, it was showing the charging symbol like it did on the other day at my home. He then removed the charger and the charging symbol stayed like that. Then I asked him to check the voltage on motherboard and battery and everything was fine. He was saying it didn't show the voltage when checked. Then I asked him to place the motherboard back in my phone. He did, and when we connected the charger it started showing the charging symbol and it also started charging. After charging for about 10 minutes, mobile switched on and went into the home screen. I told him this is what is happening and it's not the problem with all parts. I told him to close the phone and said I will try resetting the phone at home and he closed it. Unfortunately, phone hung after 10 minutes, and it shut down. We connected the charger again, and it was showing the charging symbol. We tried to boot it up and it got stuck on the Samsung logo this time and went off again and didn't turn on.

Then we concluded, it's definitely a hardware problem and he offered me a third party contact who can fix the MB at chip level. I obliged and spoke to that person. He said, he dealt with another S7 edge having same issue last week and the problem was with Power IC, replacing that fixed the issue. He asked me to bring the phone and I took the phone to him. He inspected and confirmed that it's indeed an issue with Power IC. He was asking for 3500 rupees and we fixed the deal at 3000, payment only if the problem gets resolved. He said it will take 3 days, I'm gonna give a call tomorrow.

I took the mobile to a different service center on Saturday. I personally spoke to the technician and told him what is happening. I asked him to thoroughly check the problem this time around as it doesn't seem to be a motherboard issue as the 1st service center guys suggested. I got a call in the evening from the service center and I was shocked to hear the update. The lady with a nice voice said, "Sir your phone's Motherboard, battery, display and tapes need to be replaced and it will cost you 28,600 rupees". I didn't say a word to her, just said disconnect the call, I'm coming there directly.

I went to the service center and went inside to talk to the technician. I asked him how did he decide all these parts are damaged. He said, he checked using the parts of a working phone which was luckily at the service center due to SIM tray issue. He inserted my phone's motherboard into the other phone and it didn't work. He inserted the other phone's motherboard into my phone and that also didn't work. Since both the ways didn't work, he decided all parts are gone in my mobile. I told him to do the same thing in front of me and he agreed.

As soon as he inserted my phone's motherboard into the other phone and connected the charger, it was showing the charging symbol like it did on the other day at my home. He then removed the charger and the charging symbol stayed like that. Then I asked him to check the voltage on motherboard and battery and everything was fine. He was saying it didn't show the voltage when checked. Then I asked him to place the motherboard back in my phone. He did, and when we connected the charger it started showing the charging symbol and it also started charging. After charging for about 10 minutes, mobile switched on and went into the home screen. I told him this is what is happening and it's not the problem with all parts. I told him to close the phone and said I will try resetting the phone at home and he closed it. Unfortunately, phone hung after 10 minutes, and it shut down. We connected the charger again, and it was showing the charging symbol. We tried to boot it up and it got stuck on the Samsung logo this time and went off again and didn't turn on.

Then we concluded, it's definitely a hardware problem and he offered me a third party contact who can fix the MB at chip level. I obliged and spoke to that person. He said, he dealt with another S7 edge having same issue last week and the problem was with Power IC, replacing that fixed the issue. He asked me to bring the phone and I took the phone to him. He inspected and confirmed that it's indeed an issue with Power IC. He was asking for 3500 rupees and we fixed the deal at 3000, payment only if the problem gets resolved. He said it will take 3 days, I'm gonna give a call tomorrow.
A similar thing happened when I had a galaxy S4. I accidentally dropped it and the screen digitiser was gone. When I took it to the service centre, they said screen replacement cost 30k (back in 2013) as it is not an Indian edition so they need to import it. I'm like why TF do they want to import it? S4 US and Indian edition both used the same touch panel at that time.

Even what they said might be genuine, but 30k was too much. Later on, after a year I fixed it from an unofficial centre as they were doing it for ₹6k (way cheaper than 30k, still costly) 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock