Seeking Help Looking for Poco F1. But, it doesn't Support HD Video Streaming on Major Platforms

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,330

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a smartphone these days and this Poco F1 come across and I found this article. What does it means like it's doesn't support HD streaming?
  • Poco F1 was launched in India this month
  • The phone does not support Widevine L1
  • Netflix, Prime Video can only stream up to 540p video

Poco F1 Doesn't Support HD Video Streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:
@hike Bro, if you're looking for a new smartphone then give proper thread title. If you're sharing news related to Poco F1 then it'll be merged into Poco F1 thread.
-------------------------------------------------
What does it means like it's doesn't support HD streaming?
You can not stream any content in HD which is protected by DRM. This device does not support L1 Widevine security.
Read this article to know more: Widevine digital rights management explained
Check if your phone supports L1 Widevine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en_IN

Last edited:
u can not stream any content in HD which is protected by DRM. This device does not support L1 Widevine security.
Read this article to know more: Widevine digital rights management explained
Check if your phone supports L1 Widevine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en_IN
Oh! It's a feature from which we can't take screenshot, screen recoding from hotstar, Netflix, etc. Okay! that's the reason why I can't take all these stuff in my htc phone. So it's some kind of software update which we can get in future? And, should I really think about it before grabbing POCOF1?

Oh! It's a feature from which we can't take screenshot, screen recoding from hotstar, Netflix, etc. Okay! that's the reason why I can't take all these stuff in my htc phone. So it's some kind of software update which we can get in future? And, should I really think about it before grabbing POCOF1?
this widevine l1 cannot be brought to any phone through software and without this feature you can watch netflix but not in hd but preventing screenshot is not related to this and i dont think it affect hotstar

this widevine l1 cannot be brought to any phone through software and without this feature you can watch netflix but not in hd but preventing screenshot is not related to this and i dont think it affect hotstar
In this article this is written
The reason for the lockout is that these services are protected by digital rights management (DRM), to prevent the copying and unauthorised redistribution of these video files.
So, how else someone can distribute the video files?

So it's some kind of software update which we can get in future?
Bro, I don't think they will do that in future. Widevine doesn't charge any licence fee. But, the hardware should be capable of streaming HD content and manufacturers need to pass a certification process.
It is possible to get Widevine L1 certification in future. Read this: Sony Xperia XZ2 gets Android P Beta 3 with Widevine L1 support
Oh! It's a feature from which we can't take screenshot, screen recoding from hotstar, Netflix, etc.
Yes Bro, Widevine can prevent taking screenshots.

This was the same issue with the OnePlus 5t, it didn't came with l1 widevine, and through ota it is not possible, so they asked customers to send the handset to nearest service centre to enable it

Hey guys I'm looking for a smartphone these days and this Poco F1 come across and I found this article. What does it means like it's doesn't support HD streaming?
  • Poco F1 was launched in India this month
  • The phone does not support Widevine L1
  • Netflix, Prime Video can only stream up to 540p video

Poco F1 Doesn't Support HD Video Streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video
Brother do you really want to buy new smartphone... every month you create new threads for seeking help to buy new phone...just want to know how many smartphones you change in one year or month ? .. sorry dont mind plz just asking

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock