Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashwani Jindal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 175
  • Views Views: Views 22,012
Useless I don't run any antivirus software on my phone..and I don't think anyone needs it. It's just a bloatware

Android Central
So do you need extra protection against viruses and malware? Probably not. Will it hurt anything if you choose to use an app? It'll take up space on your phone, perhaps. Maybe even rob your device of some performance.

Does Your Android Phone Need an Antivirus App? How to Geek
Android Already Checks For Malware
Google Play apps are scanned for malware
Google Play can remotely uninstall apps
Android scans sideloaded apps
Android restricts apps permission 
If you only install apps from Google Play, you shouldn’t need an antivirus. However, if you regularly sideload apps from outside Google Play, you should probably install an antivirus app just to be safe. Of course, it’s generally best not to sideload suspicious apps in the first place.

Problem is they spends lots of money to influence oem to install their apps on phone. We can do nothing about it.

We can only hope that they will give the option to uninstall these apps instead of disabling them.

Samsung started offering uninstall option for preloaded bloatwares with S8. That's a plus. I guess the anti virus will be added via Software update, hope they will provide the uninstall button for it too.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Units Reportedly Sold 5 Million Units Since Launch

Samsung released its flagship Galaxy S8 and
Galaxy S8+ smartphones last month and it seems like the response for the new products has been overwhelming - to say the least. The South Korean company has now reportedly announced that it has managed to sell 5 million units of the two flagship smartphones since they were released, which was less than a month ago.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Units Reportedly Sold 5 Million Units Since Launch | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and LG’s next flagship phone to get Daydream support

Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones are the first smartphones to support its Daydream View VR headset for an immersive VR experience. Later the Moto Z and Moto Z Force smartphones received Android Nougat update that added Daydream support. At the CES, Asus
introduced Zenfone AR smartphone, which is the first smartphone to support both Google Tango and Daydream.

Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and LG’s next flagship phone to get Daydream support

Back
Top Bottom