(Rs. 3000 now) SBI to charge for breaching monthly average balance in saving accounts

Start account in digibank by DBS..
so far the best.. only drawback very few physical branches..

i have started a wallet account, trying to change to regular account after completing KYC..
u will get a physical debit card. No minimum balance for account.
no monthly restriction for using atm. use it any no of times at any bank's atm for free of cost.

I'm using some 4-5 accounts for my online transactions. So far what I feel the best is ICICI pockets account which can be upgraded to basic savings account without any limit. Also KOTAK 811 also gives the same option. Both bank charges 100+tax for the card annually unless you upgrade to any other card. You you guys want to open an online account and if you will never maintain a balance above 1l then there are various banks available.

1. RBL BANK ABACUS ACCOUNT
2. IDFC BANK ONLINE SAVINGS ACCOUNT
3. PAYTM PAYMENTS BANK

I'm using some 4-5 accounts for my online transactions. So far what I feel the best is ICICI pockets account which can be upgraded to basic savings account without any limit. Also KOTAK 811 also gives the same option. Both bank charges 100+tax for the card annually unless you upgrade to any other card. You you guys want to open an online account and if you will never maintain a balance above 1l then there are various banks available.

1. RBL BANK ABACUS ACCOUNT
2. IDFC BANK ONLINE SAVINGS ACCOUNT
3. PAYTM PAYMENTS BANK

Only if your age is less than 24 or something like that (student offer) it is no balance.
Else there is minimum limit of 5000 or 10000.

Only if your age is less than 24 or something like that (student offer) it is no balance.
Else there is minimum limit of 5000 or 10000.
its only for icici pockets..
kotak 811 is free and zero balance account.
but yearly physical card maintenance is 300, while virtual is free

Maybe many of us can afford it but what about the poor, didn't expect this at least from SBI. So much for "Go Cashless" and "Digital India".

Uviut9r.jpg

Kids penniless after minimum balance rule - Mumbai Mirror -

"Small accounts including PMJDY and Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) accounts are exempted from MAB requirement and no charges are recovered from these accounts," the SBI said on Saturday.

Out of the 40 crore savings bank accounts that the SBI has, 13 crore accounts fall under these exempted categories, the state-owned lender said.

SBIclarifies minimum balance requirement rules not applicable on basic savings accounts

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock