(Rs. 3000 now) SBI to charge for breaching monthly average balance in saving accounts

santosh said:
Indians have typically one habit . Unless govt force them to do by rule , they won't

Put a thousands of money in sb account simply and relax @ home you may have gud in that but we have work to do using that money .. Ur previous post ill give you the reply later ..

Gobinaath said:
Put a thousands of money in sb account simply and relax @ home you may have gud in that but we have work to do using that money .. Ur previous post ill give you the reply later ..
Or convert savings account to zero balance account [emoji1]

Sarkar said:
Or convert savings account to zero balance account [emoji1]

Is it a possibility to convert like that I cannot maintain Rs.2500/- can I convert to zero balance.My bank is HDFC.

Gobinaath said:
yeah, Its really big hurdle for middle class and low class people. This society doesn't allow to live with a single bank account
For Eg.; For Education loan, I opened an account in X bank. Then after getting first job, I opened SBI account (in which my old company holds account). Later shifting to another company I opened account in XYZ bank. My work experience as of now is 2 years having 3 accounts. If kept on opening new bank accounts for further companies I am going to work in future, How is it possible for me to maintain 5000Rs as minimum account in all banks in future.....?

As Sai Laxman said it wont affect high class people...

I am sorry to use biased comment but its necessary here.....

India Postal Bank savings account will be a good option.  :lol

I wonder how to keep minimum balance in my SBI account  now.

In some advertisement ( India Postal Bank savings account ) it was written as
NO cash withdrawal limits

from all bank ATM s

:eek:hya

Gobinaath said:

Exactly ... You work for money .. same way they have opened bank to earn not for charity .

Btw still waiting for your reply for earlier comment :lol

SBI justifies penalty on issue of minimum balance, says 'need money to manage Jan Dhan accounts'

The State Bank of India on Wednesday justified its move saying the bank needs to impose some charges to balance the "burden" of managing a large number of no-frills Jan Dhan accounts.

The bank, which has been facing a backlash for levying penalty on non-maintenance of minimum balance in accounts, said it has not received any "formal communication" from the government for reconsidering the penalty.

It also clarified the penalty would not apply to Jan Dhan accounts.

"Today, we have lot of burden such as we have 11 crore financial inclusion or Jan Dhan accounts. To manage such a large number of Jan Dhan accounts, we need some charges. We have considered many factors and after analysing carefully, we have taken this step," SBI Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya told reporters here on the sidelines of a women entrepreneurs' national convention.

Arundhati Bhattacharya: SBI justifies penalty on issue of minimum balance, says 'need money to manage Jan Dhan accounts' - Times of India

Here is the official chart of new charges applicable from 1st April 2017:

a1eb9d7c9ebb998aaa9729aba15e99f7.jpg

SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges

SBI has started charging more from its millions of account holders, including those of the 6 lenders merged with it this month, for not maintaining minimum balance as well as for services like cheque books and lockers.

The monthly average balance (MAB) requirement has been increased to as high as Rs 5,000 for branches in six metros, else they will invite a penalty ranging from Rs 20 (rural branches) to Rs 100 in (metro cities), according to SBI website.

Bank has increased locker rent and curtailed number of free locker usage in a year. After usage 12 times, the customer has to pay Rs 100 plus service tax applicable for visiting his or her locker.

As far as cheque books are concerned, for a current account holder, the first 50 cheques free in a financial year; thereafter, it will cost Rs 3 per leaf.

SBI will now charge Rs 20 for opening fee including enrolment for savings account among other various charges that the bank has raised.

SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock