Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

Reliance Jio has confirmed testing of home broadband services through JioFiber in a number of cities, holding trials in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Surat, and Vadodara. There's no word right now on when it will be commercially available, or in which cities. While the service is said to be free for the first 90 days, users will have to pay a one-time, refundable sum of Rs. 4,000-4,500 for the JioFiber router.

Reliance Jio is also already in the works to
expand this further, and a flyer from Jio shows that the company is offering users a 100Mbps connection with 100GB FUP (with a post FUP speed cap of 1MBps), for which you have to pay a refundable deposit for the Wi-Fi hardware. Jio users also have one other reason to be happy - the company is offering 100 percent cash back on JioFi routers, if you take the exchange offer against an old 2G/ 3G dongle.

Reliance Jio Broadband Tests, Amazon and Flipkart Sales, Nokia 3310 India Launch, and More News This Week | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Jio fiber preview service is available at Hyderabad now.

They are charging 4500 refundable fee for box and are providing complimentary 100 Mbps connection for 90 days. I had call with those guys and they say TV and phone would be provided in next 30-45 days with same box which they are giving now.

09cd81f6c24845ece6364233e68c1e4d.jpg

What is TV bro...y they are providing TV also...for that how much v should pay extra...

dinee said:
What is TV bro...y they are providing TV also...for that how much v should pay extra...

I do not have details about TV but they said Cable TV connection will be available in future on same box, I think it is like IPTV (Jio TV app) but not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
gkr1989 said:
I do not have details about TV but they said Cable TV connection will be available in future on same box, I think it is like IPTV (Jio TV app) but not sure.

Let's wait and see.when is broadband launching in chennai any news about that...if not pls ask and update it...

Last edited by a moderator:
After disrupting the telecom sector with attractive mobile data plans, Reliance Jio is all set to launch Jio Fibre broadband services, something it has reportedly been testing as far back as September. Now, Jio has accidentally revealed its plans for the upcoming JioFiber connection.

The company's website was spotted mentioning a JioFiber preview plan that would offer 100GB of data per month at 100Mbps of speed for three months for free. However, users will need to pay an installation charge (refundable security deposit) of Rs. 4,500. All of this keeps in line with a report from earlier this year. After the 100GB FUP has been consumed, speeds drop to 1Mbps.

The JioFiber preview plan was spotted by a Redditor who was able to disable the redirect page, and using Google Cache, we were able to confirm what was reported.

The website also seemed to indicate that Jio will provide its own custom router during installation, which is included in the cost of the installation charge. Notably, there is also an option that says "I am interested in enhancing Jio coverage in my building," which could hint that Jio may install a network of routers to improve the coverage in a building.

Reliance JioFiber Preview Plan Listed Briefly, Offers Free 100GB Data

100GB??

I use around 250GB-300GB per month :blush

Will wait till full launch :blush:blush

"A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company is scheduled to be held on Thursday, July 20, 2017 to, inter-alia, consider and approve the standalone and consolidated unaudited financial results of the Company for the quarter ended June 30, 2017," the BSE filing by RIL on July 13 read.

RIL’s last AGM was held on September 1, 2016 when Managing Director and Chairman RIL, Mukesh Ambani announced the launch of Reliance Jio’s digital services.

This time Jio may announce the launch of its home broadband services called JioFiber.

Media reports suggest that the company has decided to offer its broadband services for free for the first three months.

Last week a report by MediaNama said the company had accidentally updated its website with JioFiber plans which would offer 100GB of data per month at 100Mbps of speed for three months for free. An installation charge of Rs 4500 would also be applicable.

Is Reliance Jio going to launch JioFiber broadband services on July 21?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock