Reliance Jio testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 573
  • Views Views: Views 103,321
No I have Postpaid connection of JIO in NCR, but LIVE TV option is not available and it's asking for connecting with the local operator here as well.
Maybe few people are given random trial, don't see any mention of packages/plans about this. I did check TRAI, there is a regulation about data usage with IPTV, so they might be working on this ! it's a guess

Actual TV channels will be accessible, so one doesn't have to settle with OTT versions. This will be most beneficial for the sports genre.

Most probably piracy won't be possible on Live TV and channels will be encrypted. Unlike Jiotv+, that is accessible through some third party players using hacks.

Channels will be paid similar to DTH services. So Jio can generate more revenue.

For an end user though, how is it beneficial? Revenue, piracy related benefits are for Jio. Plus an end user is getting a lot of channels more or less for free as part of their internet connection. Why would someone want to pay separately for it?

Or would they discontinue JioTV+ services?

I have not used JioTV+ as much, but is the content via JioTV+ Live Channels different from regular DTH?

Last edited:
For an end user though, how is it beneficial? Revenue, piracy related benefits are for Jio. Plus an end user is getting a lot of channels more or less for free as part of their internet connection. Why would someone want to pay separately for it?

Or would they discontinue to JioTV+ services?

I have not used JioTV+ as much, but is the content via JioTV+ Live Channels different from regular DTH?
If Jio can integrate live TV app with Jio tv+ app and offer to any broadband user for Rs 300, then it will be great success in OTT aggregators and setback for DTH

If Jio can integrate live TV app with Jio tv+ app and offer to any broadband user for Rs 300, then it will be great success in OTT aggregators and setback for DTH
I am waiting for such thing to happen, DTH operator Tata Play should be brought to his knees !!! I had requested TP to add an android app to it's Binge+ STB, which can play live tv over internet as per subscribers packs, but they are more in making money from OTT (I know if there is no satellite stream a handful of channels work over internet, but it's annoying, everytime you change a channel first you see the error message "your box is not receiving signal blah blah"
Let's hope for the best in very near future, Hail Jio Fiber !

I have been chasing Jio customer support for Live TV access for over a month now but no luck, most of the time I get automated replies.
Luckily today, somebody from the Jio backend team contacted me and denied my request for the Live TV :(. He said there's no provision to provide test phase access to IPTV to any regular customer. It is only available to internal members of Reliance, Jio, and its subsidiaries.

He also mentioned that we provide a Demo Jio Fiber/Airfiber account for all these testing features to the user, which can be used to log into the Jio STB. There's nothing such an option where Jio can provide access to these testing features to the regular customers' Jio Accounts. To access all these testing features, a user has to send an email mentioning his employee ID from his official email ID ending with @jio.com or @ril.com.

Guess I have to wait for the official release now :cry: (or get a job in Jio maybe? ;))

Last edited:
I have been chasing Jio customer support for Live TV access for over a month now but no luck, most of the time I get automated replies.
Luckily today, somebody from the Jio backend team contacted me and denied my request for the Live TV :(. He said there's no provision to provide test phase access to IPTV to any regular customer. It is only available to internal members of Reliance, Jio, and its subsidiaries.

He also mentioned that we provide a Demo Jio Fiber/Airfiber account for all these testing features to the user, which can be used to log into the Jio STB. There's nothing such an option where Jio can provide access to these testing features to the regular customers' Jio Accounts. To access all these testing features, a user has to send an email mentioning his employee ID from his official email ID ending with @jio.com or @ril.com.

Guess I have to wait for the official release now :cry: (or get a job in Jio maybe? ;))
Getting a job in Reliance Industries or its subsidiary companies sounds a better idea. 😁

Here is some more sneak peek of live tv account section screenshot in myjio app.

2kqYjIZ.jpeg

aOMCuCc.jpeg

SkjaTvj.jpeg

IDRa9xd.jpeg

R5U5HIP.jpeg

F3MUsGl.jpeg

uFHnnfp.jpeg

2lbWJIZ.jpeg

Full channel list:

Ndeyjer.jpeg

@AftabIN bhai, this looks damn good, really appreciated all the work you're putting together for gathering and sharing that many details on this topic.
Don't mind me asking, do you or someone in your family works within Jio or any of its subsidiary company?

Back
Top Bottom