Reliance Jio SIM will now run on 3G smartphones –Find out how

jio start 3g service or not ??

My frieds saying that jio start its 3g service in coming months that is this news is true or not ???

RE: jio start 3g service or not ??

So other than 4g mobile we cant use jio sim in any phone :huh ..

Sai Laxman said:
So other than 4g mobile we cant use jio sim in any phone :huh ..

Yes bro , we can't use Jio sim in any 3g or 2g phones...:s
And their future vision is 5g not 3g...

Saj 007 said:
Yes bro , we can't use Jio sim in any 3g or 2g phones...:s
And their future vision is 5g not 3g...

Very much valid, because sooner or later everyone will eventually have 4g phones... And to implement 3g they'll have to buy those big circuit switching equipments, which will be obsolete very soon.. If they somehow find a way to implement calling and sms in app layer using something like voip, I don't know...

How to make calls from 2G, 3G smartphones with Reliance Jio network

In less than four months since Reliance Jio started its commercial operations, it has already reached a milestone of 60 million customer base. Initially, the company opened its network for 4G LTE-based smartphones by offering free SIM cards, along with bundled services. These include free unlimited voice and video calling across any number in India, unlimited internet access and access to Jio suite of apps. Reliance Jio also introduced a portable 4G MiFi hotspot device called JioFi 2, which can now be purchased for Rs 1,999. Besides offering high-speed internet access, the JioFi 4G hotspot also lets you make free voice and video calls using the Jio4GVoice app.
Reliance Jio is promoting itself as an all-IP network provider, as it’s the only operator offering VoLTE HD voice calling service. In very basic terms, VoLTE means ‘Voice over LTE.’ It is similar to VOIP (voice over internet protocol), where you can make free voice and video calls using an internet connection, from apps such as Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, Google Hangout’s and more.

Currently on non-Jio connections, 4G / LTE lets you surf the internet and download content at very high speeds, but when it comes to making a phone call, it falls back to the 2G or 3G (analog) cellular network. Here’s where VoLTE comes into picture – it is designed to let you make HD voice with better clarity compared to 2G or 3G. Similar to VoLTE, there is VoWiFi, which is essentially ‘Voice over Wi-Fi.’ It lets you make and receive voice calls and text messages over Wi-Fi network.

Today, while a lot of smartphones support 4G LTE networks, there are only a handful of devices that are VoLTE capable. Also, a lot of people, especially those in the rural areas are still using 2G and 3G enabled smartphones. This is where the Jio4GVoice app comes to the rescue by letting you make HD voice calls (VoWiFi), without falling back to the carrier network (2G/3G). The app, when installed on your 2G, 3G or 4G smartphone, works in conjunction with the JioFi 4G portable hotspot. However, the Jio4GVoice app is only available on Google Play Store for Android smartphones, so older iPhones that don’t support VoLTE can’t take advantage of this.

On buying a new Reliance Jio connection, you will get ‘Happy New year’ offer and the benefits such as free unlimited local and national voice and video calls, unlimited SMS and unlimited high-speed internet access, with downloads capped at 1GB per day. Post 1GB usage, speeds will be reduced to 128Kbps, and will reset every midnight. Users also get an access to Jio suite of apps for music, videos, movies and Live TV streaming. Customers can also read magazines on JioMags, store their music, videos and other documents on cloud using JioCloud app and more. Now, let’s jump right in to see how to setup Jio4GVoice app and make HD voice calls.

Jio4GVoice setup and installation

Step One: Connect your smartphone to JioFi MiFi portable hotspot using Wi-Fi.

Step Two: Head over to Google Play Store and download the MyJio and Jio4GVoice app.

Step Three: Now, open MyJio app, where you will get an option to sign in, sign up and skip. As you are already connected with the JioFi, you can hit the skip button, which will automatically log you in using the SIM card entered in the JioFi.

Step Four: After the MyJio app is setup, open the Jio4GVoice app, which will also login using your Jio number and you are good to go. You will have to grant permission to make calls, messages and access contacts. All your existing contacts will be fetched, making it easier to call.

Jio4GVoice – features and interface

Besides making HD voice calls, you can also send and receive text messages using the Jio4GVoice app. And guess what, this way; you also have two phone numbers, even when using a single SIM smartphone. However, to receive text messages and phone calls on the Reliance Jio number, you will have to keep the JioFi 2 on for all the time, and also connected to your smartphone via Wi-Fi.

What’s more, you can even make video calls, chat using stickers and share files, videos, audio, location and more, but it is restricted for Jio-to-Jio users at the moment.

Jio4GVoice – how to make HD voice calls

Making phone calls via Jio4GVoice app is easy — just open the app and you’ll have the dialer on the welcome screen. Enter the contact number (or search one from the contacts tab) and press the call button. This will use the VoLTE network on the JioFi and place the call. While there is also an option to make video calls, I wasn’t able to place them. Maybe, it needs the recipient to be on the Jio network as well.

Jio4GVoice – call quality

Call quality was pretty good overall. I made some calls while sitting in my room, while traveling and from the building’s terrace with no other disturbances. Out of the total calls that I made, one of them got disconnected within 30 seconds — I assume due to poor network coverage. While traveling in a train, one of the calls had a cracking sound in between, but it came back to normal within seconds. I did notice a slightly humming sound in the background at times, but that was also for a few seconds. I also asked the recipients about the difference in quality, and while they did not say it was excellent, they were surprised to hear that I’m making a Wi-Fi based call, and it still sounded like the usual phone call. Overall, Jio4GVoice looks promising, but I think a lot of network optimization is still required to ensure flawless connectivity, which Reliance Jio has been promising.

How to make calls from 2G, 3G smartphones on Reliance Jio network

RE: How to make calls from 2G, 3G smartphones with Reliance Jio network

How can wl receive network on 3G phone??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock