Reliance Jio SIM will now run on 3G smartphones –Find out how

Mudasir 4K

Reaction score
New Delhi: After its strong entry into the 4G telecom space with free data offer, Reliance Jio is all geared up to offer good news to its 3G customers as well.

As per reports, Reliance Jio 4G offer can be used by the 3G customers too. Reportedly Reliance is going to launch a new app by the end of this month, using which 3G customers can easily use the Jio 4G services.

Notably, Reliance Jio SIM can currently be used only for 4G enabled smartphones.

Some media reorts say that from January 1, 3G customers can avail the benefit of Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer.

Reliance Industries Limited’s Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani on December announced to extend the Reliance Jio Welcome offer till March 2017 in which customers will get free voice calls and roaming services, while data is being charged at one-tenth of the prevailing market rates.

With over 52 million customers taking Jio's free voice and data since its launch on September 4, he announced 'Jio Happy New Year Offer' of free data, voice, video and applications till March 31 for new users joining from December 4 as well as the existing ones.

However, the plan will come with a Fair Usage Policy (FUP) which will cap data for Reliance Jio customers at around 1 GB per day.
http://zeenews.india.com/internet-s...n-on-3g-smartphones-find-out-how_1960656.html
http://www.kashmirmonitor.in/Detail...o-sim-will-now-run-on-3g-smartphones the same

Nothing new.Any handset having android and wifi can be used to access jio via jiofi device

im_dude said:
Nothing new.Any handset having android and wifi can be used to access jio via jiofi device
But for that you have to buy separate jiofi device, & this one I am talking about is jio sim directly working in your 3g android device

Mudasir 4K said:
But for that you have to buy separate jiofi device, & this one I am talking about is jio sim directly working in your 3g android device
If your phone doesn't hv the modem installed by manufacturer how can you enable it by software tweaks?

Now Jio has ICR agreements with bsnl so Jio users can use bsnl 2G/3G network.

im_dude said:
Bro, I think you need to understand the approach proposed by Jio. This is a very good move to attract people who own 3g phone and doesn't want to invest 2k for Dongle.

This is a great move and unexpected...

Sarkar said:
If your phone doesn't hv the modem installed by manufacturer how can you enable it by software tweaks?

Now Jio has ICR agreements with bsnl so Jio users can use bsnl 2G/3G network.
I think this is nothing to do with BSNL agreement. If they are going to share bsnl network for 3g phone, why just 3g. why not 2g.

I understand if the phone can't support 4g radio waves, the app cant as well.

We have to wait and see what's coming.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock