Reliance Jio, Saavn to merge digital music services, new entity valued at $1 billion

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 3,751
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakab

Reaction score
In a deal led by Reliance Jio director Akash Ambani, Reliance Industries Ltd on Friday signed an agreement to combine its digital music service JioMusic with streaming app Saavn.

“We are delighted to announce this partnership with Saavn, and believe that their highly experienced management team will be instrumental in expanding Jio-Saavn to an extensive user base, thereby strengthening our leadership position in the Indian streaming market,” Akash Ambani said in statement jointly issued by the two companies. Akash Ambaniis the son of Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani.

“The combined entity is valued at over $1 billion, with JioMusic’s implied valuation at $670 million,” the statement said.
Reliance Jio, Saavn to merge digital music services, new entity valued at $1 billion

I think it's acquiring if I'm not wrong ??

Looks like it is not merging or acquisition but more like partnership for mutual benefit.

Very good news for Jio users :)

Wow, that is an awesome news!! Saavn is much more polished and has better collection than Jio Music!! This is a big threat to Amazon Music and other players like Wynk and Gaana.

Wow, that is an awesome news!! Saavn is much more polished and has better collection than Jio Music!! This is a big threat to Amazon Music and other players like Wynk and Gaana.
Now may be Airtel/wynk would do same with some other company following same steps of Jio.

Its partnership bro

investing money to get profit that what I understand from article ;);)
Bro...After Some Time Jio Music And Saavn Will Become One App...

More Over Jio Director Akash Ambani Stated That He Is Happy With The "Merger"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock