Reliance Jio, Saavn to merge digital music services, new entity valued at $1 billion

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 3,785
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance Industries has executed definitive agreements for combination of Saavn, a leading global music OTT platform, with its digital music service, JioMusic. The combined entity is valued at over $1 billion, with JioMusic’s implied valuation at $ 670 million.

The integrated business will be developed into a media platform of the future with global reach, cross-border original content, an independent artist marketplace, consolidated data and one of the largest mobile advertising mediums.
Reliance Jio to merge JioMusic with Saavn, invest $100 mn in expansion of combined entity

Bro...After Some Time Jio Music And Saavn Will Become One App...

More Over Jio Director Akash Ambani Stated That He Is Happy With The "Merger"...
Nope they won't be same. I think Saavn would be for all users across devices and Jio Music would be for exclusive to Reliance Jio users.
Source

Shockingly library isn't same yet.

Jio Music would be for exclusive to Reliance Jio users.
How can they make Jio Music exclusive to Jio users? Or do you mean, people having Jio accounts, as it requires login before play.

How can they make Jio Music exclusive to Jio users? Or do you mean, people having Jio accounts, as it requires login before play.
Yes, I meant that.

We can play jiomusic by using jio network only.correct me if I am wrong.
I uninstalled Jio Music long back because of their crappy UI. But Jio Cinema and TV works on other networks. If you use airtel network then it can be problematic sometimes, as i faced.

Reactions: iDJ
We can play jiomusic by using jio network only.correct me if I am wrong.
You need Jio ID and password to sign in to Jio Music app if you're using other network.

I uninstalled Jio Music long back because of their crappy UI. But Jio Cinema and TV works on other networks. If you use airtel network then it can be problematic sometimes, as i faced.
You are lucky bcoz it's says seems you are not connected to Jio network.

You need Jio ID and password to sign in to Jio Music app if you're using other network.
Yes! In some cases this trick works

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock