Reliance Jio planning to charge its users for Jio apps like Jio TV, Jio Music

abhi1276

Reaction score
While the Mukesh Ambani-led company has offered Jio Apps for free to its subscribers, the company might soon switch to a freemium model. In its ‘Reliance Jio Targets Digital Content Leadership’ report, Strategy Analytics claims that the company is looking to move from its free model to a freemium model. A freemium model is one where customers will enjoy basic features or certain content on the platform for free while some other content, also branded as premium content, will be kept behind a paywall. In order to access these content, Reliance Jio will ask its customers to pay for them.

Reliance Jio planning to charge its users for Jio apps like Jio TV, Jio Music: Report

No more free? Jio TV, Jio Music, other Jio apps could charge for content but Reliance may face challenges

Last edited:
I read in one report some sort of freemium model will evolve as years go on,

I could make out of the report it will be somewhat like Hotstar giving free content and identifying contents that can be monetised for different users based on what users would like to pay for and what they woud like to have it for free.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock