Reliance Jio is the largest telco in India as per TRAI

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,535
How? BJP was not even in power back in 2009-2010 when this whole Jio plan was hatched by Ambani. Left likes to put every blame on the government in power but when it comes to critical thinking, they just overheat.

The government needs Ambani and Ambani needs the government. So regardless of which party is in power, it wouldn't make any difference as Ambani would have taken favors and given help in return.

Vodafone-Idea got caught at a wrong time. Revenue is low and the case came back to bite them at the same time. They probably thought they could get away with dragging it on in the court as it happens in India. That said, in the interest of the people, the government needs to do the balancing act of if getting rid of Vodafone-Idea is good or bad in the long run for the country as a whole.

Overall subscriber base of Jio is the highest but it's VLR is the lowest amongst the 3 private operators 81% compared to VIL's 88% and Airtel's 95% so if you consider active userbase, Airtel still leads amongst the 3. Jio just doesn't deactivate inactive numbers so as to boast leadership by subscriber market share.
I can vouch for that.
I had an extra SIM from Jio and didn't recharge it for over 1.5 years and it remained active as I was able to recharge it a few weeks back . On the other hand, I had an extra Airtel SIM last used in April 2019 and it was already declared dead when I tried recharging last month.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock