Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter hike
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 584
  • Views Views: Views 167,722
Yes JioLink is also an option, but not sure if watching Tv will use up monthly data pack

Jio apps can be used only with jio network, so the android TV app will be blocked once the GigaTV is launched.

JioFI or any Jio Sim inserted on mobile too Jio Network only and moreover for Login Jio Account is Mandatory even in the beta app and official app might be launched strengthening all these aspects.

Just had words with jio engineer and he said that they don't know when giga tv will be given to jio fiber customers. It's still in beta stage.

I am assuming that either he doesn't know anything about it or jio is making fool of its customers by not giving it near 15 August as promised

Last edited:
Just had words with jio engineer and he said that they don't know when giga tv will be given to jio fiber customers. It's still in beta stage.

I am assuming that either he doesn't know anything about it or jio is making fool of its customers by not giving it near 15 August as promised

Jio GigaFiber is the main service bro, GigaTV and fixed line telephone and smart home are secondary services. These secondary services will launch in November or earlier if decided so by the company. GigaFiber will start being installed sooner.

Jio GigaFiber is the main service bro, GigaTV and fixed line telephone and smart home are secondary services. These secondary services will launch in November or earlier if decided so by the company. GigaFiber will start being installed sooner.
But the sales executive told me earlier when i got the connection that voip landline will be launched in july but that didn't happened.

What seems is that we are not getting Jio Fiber services before Diwali.There is no official plans out yet.They were saying it will be launched in 1100 cities but no detailed process out yet.Regarding GigaTv I am still not so confident of its user friendliness unlike our DTH like tata , Airtel.

I think existing broadband subscribers will not take new Jio Giga fiber connection till TV is added to it and looks like it may take 3-6 months or so,as Tv free with broadband only makes it an attractive connection and reliability of a broadband connection feedback from other customers also is very important for a new customer to take new connection

I think existing broadband subscribers will not take new Jio Giga fiber connection till TV is added to it and looks like it may take 3-6 months or so,as Tv free with broadband only makes it an attractive connection and reliability of a broadband connection feedback from other customers also is very important for a new customer to take new connection
Could not agree more!! My current broadband provider is giving me 10 mpbs totally unlimited service for just 499 all inclusive!! So if free TV is not there in rs 500 plan , I would not take it and that too after giving 4500 at start..

Who told you that tv services will launch in 3-6 months?

Just had words with jio executive and they told me that wait for 10 days.

Jio executive say that to sell new connections as they get margin for each connection,truth only Mukesh Bhai knows

Back
Top Bottom