Reliance Jio 5G News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 220
  • Views: Views 38,816
Jio launches True 5G services at Bennett University in Greater Noida

Reliance Jio on Thursday announced the launch of Jio True 5G services at Bennett University in Greater Noida. Over 10,000 students and staff members at the university can now enjoy the benefits of Jio’s cutting-edge True 5G services, Jio said in a statement on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cricket World Cup: Jio internet speeds two times faster than Airtel in stadiums

A week before the start of International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup 2023, a report by telecom analyst firm OpenSignal said Reliance Jio’s network download speeds at the stadiums are two times faster than that of Airtel and three-and-a-half times faster than Vodafone Idea.

So not true. Jio absolutely sh#ts in the A Upper Stand at the Chinnaswamy.
Cricket World Cup: Jio internet speeds two times faster than Airtel in stadiums

A week before the start of International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup 2023, a report by telecom analyst firm OpenSignal said Reliance Jio’s network download speeds at the stadiums are two times faster than that of Airtel and three-and-a-half times faster than Vodafone Idea.

Today suddenly all my Voice calls in my Jio number started going through 5G, instead of VoLte. Looks like Call clarity is even better if called to other Jio 5G numbers. Earlier, 5G calling will show and then change to VoLTE calling within a second or two, now "5G calling" is not getting changed during calls and obviously network also remains 5G+ now instead of LTE+ earlier (just during calls).

Tested in my Moto G54 5G in TN Circle. As usual not working in my Pixel6a. Will test in Samsung S22+ today evening and report back here.

Anybody noticed this change here, friends?

Today suddenly all my Voice calls in my Jio number started going through 5G, instead of VoLte. Looks like Call clarity is even better if called to other Jio 5G numbers. Earlier, 5G calling will show and then change to VoLTE calling within a second or two, now "5G calling" is not getting changed during calls and obviously network also remains 5G+ now instead of LTE+ earlier (just during calls).

Tested in my Moto G54 5G in TN Circle. As usual not working in my Pixel6a. Will test in Samsung S22+ today evening and report back here.

thanks for the update. I will check on my lava and let you know. On lava even tho vonr and all were switched on, i have seen calls went to volte. I will restart the phone and update you later.

Like you, in my damned Pixel 6A, its not working.

Another good news. Jio VoNR started working in Moto G62 5G as well. Just made a call and while in call, ran a speedtest using NetVelocity, where the band shown is n78 and speed got is about 516+ Mbps. So yeah, it is Vo5G only.

But even now Samsung S22+ using VoLTE only. Heard that Vo5G is coming to Samsung phones from One UI 6 update (with Android 14) and S22+ is getting that in a week or two.

For me VoNR working properly since the last update of my Nothing Phone 1 on November 17 . Calling Working perfect with VoNR 5G+ .

VoNR working now?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock