Reliance AGM 2018 | July 5th

Update: I sent Jio a message on FB/Twitter asking if the Giga Fiber service is available at my location. They replied saying to submit my Contact No, Installation address and email ID.

Already they are doing a test run as per updates.

Jio Giga fiber is going to start from Big cities first,so there may be two pricing by Tatasky ,Rs400 per month for Delhi/Bangalore /Mumbai etc and Rs800 for others like now for all channels
Reliance Jio may opt for phased launch of fibre-based home broadband - ET Telecom

If they have different pricing for different cities it will be bad. But how long, today or tomorrow Jio will expand to Tier 2 and 3 Cities as well, so they will have to reduce all prices across the nation

First of all people who opt for Jio broadband cum Tv will get 3-6 months free offer so they will stop recharging Tatasky/Airtel/DishTV so they will start giving such people offer like recharge for 6 month 6 months free, still people will not recharge as they will be enjoying 3-6 months free service.Then they will reduce cost permanently to still keep them coming back to DTH.All analyst say Tatasky will be maximum affected as their penetration is more in big cities and this company is in Huge profit as compared to others so let us see how long they can sustain.Actually Tatasky is still fighing case in court even court has given verdict againgt HD access fee,but they are still filing new new petition so that they can some how continue with HD access fee

Last edited:
waiting for the same since long...big things are coming...after airtel and voda it is time for tataksy to get a taste

There is one more article in Business Standard showing that DTH business will not be affected too much as 70-80 % of DTH subscribers are in Rs200-250 monthly plans in city and Rs200 and less plans in smaller town and villages with cable connection and these low end suscribers may not be ready to spend Rs4500 for Jio box and some amount more for TV box (cost may be at least Rs2000-3500) which will be charged at the time of new connection.They will be happy with their present DTH box which they will enjoy more channels as prices of pack will fall in coming days due to fear of losing busness from Jio.
New Year disruption plan: Now, Reliance Jio moves to broadband, TV space

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock