Redknapp: Arsenal hate helps Ade

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 971

BaLaG

Reaction score
Harry Redknapp believes that Emmanuel Adebayor can be a star at Tottenham Hotspur, because of how much Arsenal fans hate the striker.

Recent reports indicate that Spurs are looking to sign the former Gunner on a one year loan deal, and according to quotes in the Sun, the English manager believes Adebayor's ability to rankle their arch-rivals will prove an asset.

The Tottenham boss said: "Arsenal fans hate him so ours will love him. He'll be a hero because he upset Arsenal."

The striker had left the Emirates in acrimonious circumstances to join Manchester City for £25million two years ago, and burnt bridges with his former club after celebrating scoring against them in 2009.

Redknapp revealed: "He called to thank me for my support when I stuck up for him after that incident.

"I said he was a bit over the top. But the Arsenal fans were giving him almighty abuse and so he was entitled to stick it to them when he scored that goal."

However, his £170,000-a-week wages could be a stumbling block to the deal, but Redknapp believes that the Togo striker could make the difference for his side.

Redknapp added: "He was fantastic when we played Madrid. We couldn't handle him.

"He was almost unplayable when he was with Arsenal and that's why City paid £25m for him.

"If he comes to Tottenham with his head on and really wants to play, he could be sensational.

"The chairman has been talking to Manchester City about him and I genuinely don't know where they're at.

"But it's probably going to be a loan deal anyway so we can't go wrong."

more..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock