Discussion Railwire Broadband News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 79
  • Views: Views 9,932
In my Railwire 50mbps plan on 2.4Ghz I m getting more than 50mbps . I don't know Why getting so slow speed on 2.4Ghz.
GV4EW0d.jpg

In my Railwire 50mbps plan on 2.4Ghz I m getting more than 50mbps . I don't know Why getting so slow speed on 2.4Ghz.
I am unable to understand your post bro.

Can you please confirm:
- whether you are getting higher speed and lower range (coverage) on 5GHz slower speed
- and better range but slower speed on 2.4GHz.

If yes, then that is expected. That's how things supposed to work with these bands.

I am unable to understand your post bro.

Can you please confirm:
- whether you are getting higher speed and lower range (coverage) on 5GHz slower speed
- and better range but slower speed on 2.4GHz.

If yes, then that is expected. That's how things supposed to work with these bands.
Actually My grammatical mistake.
Please read like this
In my Railwire 50mbps plan on 2.4Ghz I m getting more than 50mbps . I don't know Why u(Rahul bro) getting so slow speed on 2.4Ghz(on Airtel fiber ).
*Though later he mentioned that the speed is normal as Airtel internal policy*

I would like to know whether your router supports 5GHz band or not?

No I'm having only 2.4Ghz band supported router
That's the reason bro.

For dual band routers, the 5GHz band gives higher speed and 2.4GHz band gives more range but slower speeds.

In a real world experience, this factor only matters if you use an internet plan with more than 100Mbps speed.

For example, you can get 50Mbps full wifi speed on a 2.4GHz band only router. But 100Mbps will give maximum 70-80Mbps. To get full 100Mbps wifi speed, you will have to switch into a 5GHz band supported router.

That's the reason bro.

For dual band routers, the 5GHz band gives higher speed and 2.4GHz band gives more range but slower speeds.

In a real world experience, this factor only matters if you use an internet plan with more than 100Mbps speed.

For example, you can get 50Mbps full wifi speed on a 2.4GHz band only router. But 100Mbps will give maximum 70-80Mbps. To get full 100Mbps wifi speed, you will have to switch into a 5GHz band supported router.
This is the reason I love this forum..you guys share so much information with humbleness. Love the way U provided me the information.
Thanks.
So basically 5Ghz Suported router is helpful/needed if internet speed is 100 Mbps atleast.

This is the reason I love this forum..you guys share so much information with humbleness. Love the way U provided me the information.
Thanks.
You made my day with such a lovely compliment. :love:

So basically 5Ghz Suported router is helpful/needed if internet speed is 100 Mbps atleast.
That's right bro. (y)

Worth noting here, some low quality 2.4GHz band only routers don't even support full 50Mbps speed and provide lesser speeds. So devices can also play a role on these speeds.

@Optimus_Prime bro, you aren't even getting full promised speed in the day time. Railwire Broadband usually provides full promised speed as I have seen speedtest results by various users.

On a good setup by LCO,
Download speed should be 48-50 Mbps
Upload speed should be beyond your promised speeds i.e. 55-60 Mbps

And as @Rushil bro said, only LCO can change this situation. CC won't do much help or even understand it. Unless your LCO is helpful, there is no other way to get these things fixed.
Once I was getting very low speed in Railwire but now a days I am getting full promised speed in Railwire.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock