Discussion Railwire Broadband News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 79
  • Views: Views 10,234
but one thing is notable here, maybe spped showing 1-2mbps but never seen buffering on any streaming platform

i contacted LCO today and reported the slow browsing speed issue. he told to connect ONU directly with PC and call Customer care. but i am not able to connect ONU directly with Pc. showing error 629. again contacted with LCO. he said he need ₹300 visit for check otherwise suggested me to go with BSNL Bharat Fiber.
What is the actual download speed you are getting? It might be that the transit point of Railwire in your area is overloaded. So it might be choking at peak times and Rs 300 for visiting charges? That is very sick, I have never seen such charges from ISPs.

What is the actual download speed you are getting? It might be that the transit point of Railwire in your area is overloaded. So it might be choking at peak times and Rs 300 for visiting charges? That is very sick, I have never seen such charges from ISPs.
downloading video from youtube is 1.3-2.8MBPS. (avg 2MBPS).
this is current speed

it will improve at 12:01 am I guess

Last edited:
Then it's low for a 50 Mbps Plan. Did you check it with an Ethernet cable?
yes. checked and getting almost same result during 5pm to 12 am. hardly 2-2.5MBPS

This is using cat 6 cable

Last edited:
yes. checked and getting almost same result during 5pm to 12 am. hardly 2-2.5MBPS
Then most probably your LCO is overusing his OLT he might be giving more connection from that single port of OLT that might be the reason you are getting less speed. This used to happen with BSNL Bharat Fiber with several people as this LCOs do not upgrade according to needs to save money.

Then most probably your LCO is overusing his OLT he might be giving more connection from that single port of OLT that might be the reason you are getting less speed. This used to happen with BSNL Bharat Fiber with several people as this LCOs do not upgrade according to needs to save money.
but how can this speed improve post 12 am and through the day it remain 35-45mbps. but at evening to midnight it remain below 5mbps

but how can this speed improve post 12 am and through the day it remain 35-45mbps. but at evening to midnight it remain below 5mbps
Bro Because that might be peak time. Most of the GPON or EPON OLTs that local LCO uses are capable of 10 GBPS overall all download and have 4 ports with each capable of 2.5 Gbps capable now if LCO sells more connection in that particular port so in peak time users will suffer because if uses reach more than 2.5 Gbps than other users will get the slow speed and the users with more distance from OLT might even get less preference.

Bro Because that might be peak time. Most of the GPON or EPON OLTs that local LCO uses are capable of 10 GBPS overall all download and have 4 ports with each capable of 2.5 Gbps capable now if LCO sells more connection in that particular port so in peak time users will suffer because if uses reach more than 2.5 Gbps than other users will get the slow speed and the users with more distance from OLT might even get less preference.

so what to do next bro?

so what to do next bro?
Only LCO can solve this problem. You have to pressure him that I should get the speed whatever I have subscribed. If he changes the port or routes your connection to a different port setup he might be having then your problem should get solved but it will be difficult to make them understand as most of the time they ignore and to customer care you cannot make them understand such things. I too have suffered such things with BSNL Bharat Fiber but LCO was a known guy almost friend so he told me all these dark secrets.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock