Seeking Help Queries About Jio Prepaid SIM Connection and Recharge

DTH Fan

Reaction score
Guys

I'm using postpaid SIM since long time, so I have little knowledge of prepaid SIM plans and recharge. Now I'm planning to buy a new Jio prepaid SIM and I have some queries in my mind.

Please answer following questions and I'll highly appreciate your help:

1. How can I recharge Jio prepaid SIM online or using my Android smartphone which has Airtel postpaid SIM? Remember I'll use Jio SIM in a different FWP phone which I'll gift to my parents. So I'll have no access to the phone. I'll have to recharge the Jio SIM remotely. That's why I want to ask can I recharge it using computer or using my Airtel smartphone?

2. How is the validity decided? I mean if I recharge the SIM with some amount, how will the plan validity decided by Jio? Or are there special recharges to get validity?

3. Is there any special recharge plan which can give lifetime validity with unlimited calls? I don't need Internet data, SMS, etc. I only need unlimited calls. That's it. So please suggest the cheapest recharge plan which can give highest validity and unlimited calls.

Thanks in advance.

1. How can I recharge Jio prepaid SIM online or using my Android smartphone which has Airtel postpaid SIM? Remember I'll use Jio SIM in a different FWP phone which I'll gift to my parents. So I'll have no access to the phone. I'll have to recharge the Jio SIM remotely. That's why I want to ask can I recharge it using computer or using my Airtel smartphone?

Yes. You can do this using any popular apps but it is recommended to use Jio.com for recharges if you are unsure about the plan's amount.

2. How is the validity decided? I mean if I recharge the SIM with some amount, how will the plan validity decided by Jio? Or are there special recharges to get validity?

When you recharge, the validity is mentioned in the plan details and the same will be conveyed to you via SMS. There are no recharges in Jio only to get validity. For example if you activated the plan on 1st March and the plan is valid for 30 days then it will be deactivated on 31st March.

3. Is there any special recharge plan which can give lifetime validity with unlimited calls? I don't need Internet data, SMS, etc. I only need unlimited calls. That's it. So please suggest the cheapest recharge plan which can give highest validity and unlimited calls.

There is no special recharge for validity. The plan has Unlimited calls (has 1000min for non-Jio/month), 100 SMS/day and per day data mentioned in the plan section which cease to exist when the plan expire. Currently Jio has the 336 day plan for ₹2121.

Yes. You can do this using any popular apps but it is recommended to use Jio.com for recharges if you are unsure about the plan's amount.

When you recharge, the validity is mentioned in the plan details and the same will be conveyed to you via SMS. There are no recharges in Jio only to get validity. For example if you activated the plan on 1st March and the plan is valid for 30 days then it will be deactivated on 31st March.

There is no special recharge for validity. The plan has Unlimited calls (has 1000min for non-Jio/month), 100 SMS/day and per day data mentioned in the plan section which cease to exist when the plan expire. Currently Jio has the 336 day plan for ₹2121.
Thanks for the replies.

I have one more query! Are postpaid plans cheaper than prepaid in Jio? If I need only unlimited calls without any need of data, should I purchase postpaid SIM or prepaid SIM?

If you are seeking for unlimited calls only. Jio is a bad option as there is no true unlimited calls plan. Only Jio to Jio is free. Go for Airtel and Vodafone who offers true unlimited calls.

If you are seeking for unlimited calls only. Jio is a bad option as there is no true unlimited calls plan. Only Jio to Jio is free. Go for Airtel and Vodafone who offers true unlimited calls.
The problem is, in my parents area, Airtel and vodafone signals are poor and only Jio is the best option.

The problem is, in my parents area, Airtel and vodafone signals are poor and only Jio is the best option.
For calls and sms. I think we shouldn't be concerned about network. Poor network also gets things done.

For calls and sms. I think we shouldn't be concerned about network. Poor network also gets things done.

Don't agree bro. My area has poor Airtel Network and very poor boda network. It always switches between 4g and 2g. Can't able call with Airtel/voda inside the home. Have to use jio due to signal issues

Get jio sim for free
Download my jio app on your smart phone & manage with one time otp login
Best plan for you is ₹329
Validity 84 days
Non jio numbers 3000 minutes

Current offer
Recharge 428(includes prime membership) on my jio via Amazon pay upi & get ₹ 42.80 cashback

Thanks guys. I bought Jio prepaid SIM and opted for 129 per month plan.

It always switches between 4g and 2g.
Only jio calls are not affected in poor network due to VoLTE only coverage. AVOID 4G switches to 2G during calls in even avg 4G network. only solution is to use LTE only network mode if phone has this setting.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock