Prasar Bharati planning to launch OTT platform

• Thread starter Shark
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 5,691

Shark

Solutions
Reaction score
Prasar Bharati is reportedly "evaluating" the possibility of launching an OTT platform.

The talks of a possibility of OTT platform launch comes days after the government approving a scheme worth more than Rs 2,500 crore for modernization, upgrade and expansion of All India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan (DD), Prasar Bharati is ready with plans to achieve the objectives.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had OnAir by Prashar Bharati which is now NewsOnAir. Hopefully now they'll provide Swaraj on this new app.
Waiting for more grand shows like Swaraj on Doordarshan.

They had OnAir by Prashar Bharati which is now NewsOnAir. Hopefully now they'll provide Swaraj on this new app.
Waiting for more grand shows like Swaraj on Doordarshan.
How much did they make from grand show like Swaraj? I think hype died after initial weeks.

I think the biggest issue is non availability of Swaraj after Linear release. As most people don't watch LIVE television anymore - after initial hype it's gone down now. Had Swaraj was available on OTT platforms post its release on TV channel the hype would have continued and would have gained.

How much did they make from grand show like Swaraj? I think hype died after initial weeks.
True. Myself left few episodes and then catch-up on YouTube when someone else uploaded them.
I think the biggest issue is non availability of Swaraj after Linear release. As most people don't watch LIVE television anymore - after initial hype it's gone down now. Had Swaraj was available on OTT platforms post its release on TV channel the hype would have continued and would have gained.
Swaraj had potential will definitely reach to masses once DD OTT will arrived. DD will earn a good amount if they choose to broadcast it with ads. And, small 20-50 rupees for add free subscription.

It name should be DD PLAY
Maybe upload content to youtube for free.
Or sell the rights to Amazon or Netflix. Instead of wasting our money on servers, apps and employees.

Maybe upload content to youtube for free.
Or sell the rights to Amazon or Netflix. Instead of wasting our money on servers, apps and employees.
So why waste money on bringing shows on DD National? Sell show directly to Sony TV which is also intrested in content like this?
Uploading contact for free on YouTube is making YouTube earn money from content which purely belong and is property of India.
Better stick to it that for the first time govt is trying to bring some wealth out of govt companies.
After successfully running DDFreeDish we should understand that a small govt team can do anything if it work in right direction.
If trying new thing make you think that it's waste of money so does new project from BSNL to ISRO to DRDO stand among same categories.

So why waste money on bringing shows on DD National? Sell show directly to Sony TV which is also intrested in content like this?
Uploading contact for free on YouTube is making YouTube earn money from content which purely belong and is property of India.
Better stick to it that for the first time govt is trying to bring some wealth out of govt companies.
After successfully running DDFreeDish we should understand that a small govt team can do anything if it work in right direction.
If trying new thing make you think that it's waste of money so does new project from BSNL to ISRO to DRDO stand among same categories.
They have monopoly in DD FreeDish. On top of that they can make money from ads on youtube like other broadcasters. They are not working on a new segment. They are working on something where there are ten other competition.

They have monopoly in DD FreeDish.
Having monopoly and utilising it both are different things. DDFreeDish earned a lot from last half decades and best part on that is they are very small team to run whole process.
On top of that they can make money from ads on youtube like other broadcasters.
DD National is not generating any ad revenue from YouTube yet and they never will as it's free public broadcasting network.
They are not working on a new segment. They are working on something where there are ten other competition.
Again new segment and maintaining standard accordingly both are different things. Ullu can't be compared with Doordarshan.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock