Power cut Schedule Chennai Areas - January 2014

Can someone update here... if we have the 2 hrs power cut? i dont see any power cut in the chennai since the new year.

Yes. Till last month it happened. But now a days it seems not happening. I observed today only since I was at home on weekday today. I thought they are not doing this on weekends...

Satvijay said:
Can someone update here... if we have the 2 hrs power cut? i dont see any power cut in the chennai since the new year.

Nopes, no daily cuts nowadays.

TN Made historical record power generation of around 12,000 MW with the Central Govt assistance through the new one nation one grid.

Central generating stations contributed 3,293 MW (Central Govt quota from Tamilnadu Power plants, Karnataka, AP & Orissa) all possible due to grid connection, once the grid is into full operational then these power cuts would be totally zeroed with supplies from surplus North and North Eastern Grid.

Thanks to the UPA Govt that completed the project five months ahead of schedule and for the TN CM's continued efforts that made this possible.

Once Kudankulam becomes fully operational then the 55% Central Govt quota will provide Karnataka, AP and Kerala with surplus power (Tamil Nadu Quota: 925 MW, Karnataka Quota: 442 MW, Kerala Quota: 266 MW, Puducherry Quota: 67 MW, and Central Govt Unallocated Quota: 300 MW).

TN Govt is making all efforts to ensure that their electoral promise is settled well before the LS 2014.

I think it was more to do with TN CM's effort. There were reports that CM petitioned to Supreme court to intervene & force central govt for power allocation.

NinadG said:
I think it was more to do with TN CM's effort. There were reports that CM petitioned to Supreme court to intervene & force central govt for power allocation.

You are right, TN CM has put great efforts to achieve this.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock