Political groups call for boycott of IPL Matches in Chennai

TN Political leader open threat to CSK Players

'If anything untoward happens, we aren't responsible': TN party leader 'warns' CSK players

Players should understand that we are upset. At a time when we are battling for our rights, we don't want this game of gambling to take place here. We know that the cricket players are staying at the old Adyar hotel for practice. For all those cricket players who understand Tamil and are watching this, please understand our feelings. Lakhs of youth in Tamil Nadu are in great anger. You will leave the hotel for shopping or site seeing. If there is even a small untoward incident, beyond the democratic forces, if you face any problems- Velmurugan, TVK or those protesting for Cauvery rights are in no way related,"

'If anything untoward happens, we aren't responsible': TN party leader 'warns' CSK players

BIG TROUBLE FOR IPL IN CHENNAI! TAMIL FILM INDUSTRY LATEST DEMAND!

A press meet involving personalities of the Tamil film industry has taken place and there seems to be an opposition for these matches in Chennai. Numerous directors and actors including actor Sathyaraj, directors Ameer, Ram, Bharathiraja, Cheran. Vetrimaaran and others have voiced their opinion for this issue.

Director Ameer has said, "We are going to meet the Governor regarding this issue and get a solution for the same."

Director Bharathiraja has stated, "The IPL tournament has to be postponed!"

Actor and directors oppose the IPL matches that are to take place in Chennai

Be Sportive, Dont Encourage Crap Politics. Is all movie theaters closed, is all movie shooting closed.
frankly i am saying, i am not watching IPL, but everyone has their own right about IPL matches. suppose if i am not watching ipl, i should support ban, that is called selfishness.

CSK is announced to be back in IPL a long time back. They were in the auctions, so their home matches would be in Chennai was a known truth. So the protests, just days before CSK matches and not since then, are obviously more for Publicity, than for any other cause.

Last edited:
Nothing can happen until State Government denies Police Permission.

Rajeev Shukla confirms match will go on as scheduled and requested everyone not to politicise Cricket.

2000 Police Personnel to be deployed that's the developing Scenario.

Supreme Courts direction today on implementing Cauvery Water Distribution Scheme to Centre isnt encouraging and it looks like there is gonna be a breather for Central Govt till May 3 to draft a Scheme.

So IPL is in serious danger let's see how everything pans out today till Tommorow evening.

If I read geography correctly then it was said TN receive two monsoon each year so why so much water shortage ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock