Political groups call for boycott of IPL Matches in Chennai

Had there been no strike in producer council, these so called cine stars wouldn't have care about cauvery issue. They are jobless now and to keep themselves in spotlight, they pretending as if they are caring for farmers. After all they are actors and they know how to act.

Looks like everyone targeting whole of TN people just because of some activities which is legit but poorly handled.

It seems everyone forget Cuttack bottle incident and Kolkata semi-final incident in 1996 WC which brought shame to whole nation but this incident is just limited to TN.

I know it is embarassing to see these activities but there are more disgusting activities happened and still happening but due to IPL popularity, this is exaggarated to whole new level.

And for who those saying Pakistanis shaming this shoe incident, there was terrorist activity trying to kill SL team.

I Know because if you move IPL match, Cauvery will not flow.
Just because Gandhi did Dandi March, the British didn't give freedom overnight.
There was lot of struggle and then only we achieved freedom.

Also, these protests are still more peaceful in TN. If there is a situation like this in Karnataka, you will know the real meaning of shame.

Looks like everyone targeting whole of TN people just because of some activities which is legit but poorly handled.

It seems everyone forget Cuttack bottle incident and Kolkata semi-final incident in 1996 WC which brought shame to whole nation but this incident is just limited to TN.

I know it is embarassing to see these activities but there are more disgusting activities happened and still happening but due to IPL popularity, this is exaggarated to whole new level.

And for who those saying Pakistanis shaming this shoe incident, there was terrorist activity trying to kill SL team.

Also, these protests are still more peaceful in TN. If there is a situation like this in Karnataka, you will know the real meaning of shame.
Nobody here "targeting" whole TN. Even the title says political parties. Its sad to see people falling prey for these cheap political parties agenda and let their emotions take control of them. Who are they to decide what I should do and what i shouldn't do. If there is a circus in town, noone forced them to go rather they are threatening others shouldn't go. Last time I checked I am living in a democratic country.

Cuttack bottle throwing and 1996 WC Kolkata semi final incident were indeed shameful, but also they were spontaneous reactions owing to poor performance of the team. At cheapauk, it was nothing to do with the teams, political parties had threatened untowardly incidents before the match.

Yes the protests of farmers are justified but certainly not the support of these parties, who are doing it just to get a name for themselves.

Update : Channai match shifted to Pune

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading all the comments both for and against the protest i wish to highlight my views on the same.

1. Protestors seem to have no choice as this river issue is over 20 yrs dragging and failing to bring any water to TN.
  2. Court would keep asking a state to release water but it wont release any on time even on courts direction and can easily escape without any penalty [SC Directs Karnataka To Release Cauvery Water to Tamil Nadu].
  3. This issue did not crop-up today and seems absolutely unrelated to any election as the issue is there for decades irrespective of who rules at the center but people are protesting today cause SC final verdict has already been awarded and the 6 week time frame has already passed.
  4. Central Water Commission (CWC) Chairman G S Jha has said that water management boards could be an ideal option for resolving water disputes between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka on the Cauvery waters.
  5. During Oct 2016 (over 18 months ago) SC had already asked Center to form "Cauvery Water Management Board" [Cauvery row: SC directs Karnataka to release water, Centre asked to set up Management Board].
  6. But during the same Oct 2016 (over 18 months ago) Central govt has told SC that it cant form "Cauvery Water Management Board" - Can't Be Asked To Set Up Cauvery Board, Centre Tells Supreme Court.
  7. This issue isn't for or against IPL but against any celebration anywhere. [Now please dont ask if birthday parties are banned and cake shops are closed. The river water is a right so no-one can ask why ban one even and why not ban all. Banning everything will become a historic flaws as it will raise questions on some basic and critical facts so stop asking childish questions].
  8. People are allowed to protest in various places of national importance even in the National Delhi while Marina has been banned for protests [No More Protest Allowed At Marina Beach, Says Chennai Police].
  9. People give awesome and possible solutions but so far none has been made possible [Steps afoot to ease TN scarcity by tapping 450 TMC Godavari water: Gadkari].
  10. Yes, beating-up police and hurling shows are indecent act which no one from TN will condone same way violence against the common public and also against law enforcement is unacceptable.
  11. Even after continuously reducing TN share in water on regular basis people here arent demanding additonal quota but just want the water to flow as per the SC verdict. Even Chennai is getting Cauvery water via Veeranam. Hope this issue is settled on an immediate basis and another Jallikattu type protest is not repeated.
If someone thinks why protest now? its too early to protest? and why not banning any birthday parties across the state if they have to ban a sport? then please check the followng articles to know the complete picture and never in your life ask another state person why they are protesting without knowing the complete facts and the history of the issue.

1. Cauvery water dispute verdict: An explanation of the issue
  2. Cauvery water war: When did the dispute start and where are we now? - Firstpost
  3. Cauvery Issue: All the Facts you need to know about the Cauvery Water Dispute

Last edited:
Cuttack bottle throwing and 1996 WC Kolkata semi final incident were indeed shameful, but also they were spontaneous reactions owing to poor performance of the team. At cheapauk, it was nothing to do with the teams, political parties had threatened untowardly incidents before the match.

Yes the protests of farmers are justified but certainly not the support of these parties, who are doing it just to get a name for themselves.
Spontaneous reaction bro? Would u accept if a batsman hits a bowler with a bat just for the sake he took his wickets. Would it be acceptable to u bro?
For me both of these incidents bought shame to tjd people who did this and not to the people of TN, WB or any state. Always remember bro we are INDIANS first

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock