Seeking Help Planning To Port Jio To Vi

This is my personal experience. VoId is creepy, imho.. Network is not as bad as an year back. Getting 2Mbps (yes, small b) down and 12Mbps Uploads, nowadays. Have been using it (Idea sim) for few days for data around 500 to 800MB per day (thanks to Tubemate). On fourth day, after completing 600MB, my data abruptly stopped working at 10:42PM. Signal is good, I have around 900MB data left. Calls work OK, in 4G. I used airtel for the pending download. Next morning around 9AM and I checked if data is working or not. It's working, smfh. This is the third time happening in this year.

I rarely use this number for calls (tertiary). May be VoId is using tactics to avoid serious regular downloaders. May be treating Idea users as step-child in TN. May be they are doing so in somewhat congested areas like here. May also be coincidence (but for three times??, I really doubt so).

Another reason I hate VoId is, their VoLte calls' clarity is very poor. Even BSNL VoLte is better comparing them. Jio and Airtel VoLte calls are crystal clear, imho. If in any call from my Airtel (main#) or Jio (secondary#) to anyone, the call clarity was poor, I usually ask the other person, "Is your number in Vodafone??". Mostly 99.5% of the time, the answer will be YES, and for the 0.5% times, the answer was BSNL.

So if you going to make many calls, take this into account.

Using Idea for years now. I've used Jio as well and using Airtel too. Jio was pathetic in Chennai. Airtel was pretty decent. Idea was amazing. But very recently after merger, seeing some minor issues but not many major issues. I've never had Data issues in Idea earlier. It never disappointed. And for VOLTE, it works like a charm. Even airtel has a lot of VOLTE issues. But if you travel a lot, Vi is not the Sim for you at least in TN. Coverage is not that great.

Finally though there are a lot of Pros and Cons, it comes to the place where you live and where you want to use it often. If you don't own a secondary sim, start using one. When one gives up, use the other. My primary is Vi and secondary is airtel.

Yeah, right.
If you call the customer care, it gets activated in just few minutes.
It took 2 hrs for them to activate VoLTE once complaint was registered.
1) Why VoLTE is not auto-activated for new customers from the get go is beyond me.
2) You still cannot queue plans like Jio.

These silly little things bring bad name to the company.

But once your VoLTE is activated and you have subscribed to a yearly plan, its bliss actually. Especially their Band 41 (2500 Mhz) is just Wow. Since not many handsets support Band 41, speeds are true 4G going beyond 100 Mbps.
So I repeat, make sure your handset supports Bands 1, 3, 8 ,41.

99.9999% of people who complain about poor speeds on Vi are using outdated handsets which do not support all Bands of Vi.

Last edited:
i am using 4 vi connections for my family and always network issue in andhra pradesh poor signal issue from 10+ years in vodafone poor indoor issue and no volte and no wifi calling and planning to go for airtel for better network in indoor

Quick update. We had a cyclone yesterday and post the cyclone only Airtel and Jio network works fine. Even before the Cyclone, Vi switched to 3G and 2G. 12 hours gone, still down.

i am using 4 vi connections for my family and always network issue in andhra pradesh poor signal issue from 10+ years in vodafone poor indoor issue and no volte and no wifi calling and planning to go for airtel for better network in indoor

Airtel is Best in Telugu states bro...

It took 2 hrs for them to activate VoLTE once complaint was registered.
1) Why VoLTE is not auto-activated for new customers from the get go is beyond me.
2) You still cannot queue plans like Jio.

These silly little things bring bad name to the company.

But once your VoLTE is activated and you have subscribed to a yearly plan, its bliss actually. Especially their Band 41 (2500 Mhz) is just Wow. Since not many handsets support Band 41, speeds are true 4G going beyond 100 Mbps.
So I repeat, make sure your handset supports Bands 1, 3, 8 ,41.

99.9999% of people who complain about poor speeds on Vi are using outdated handsets which do not support all Bands of Vi.
Bro what u tell
It's my phone bands
Is it compatible with vi 4g volte sim
d7NB9NT.png
GR2xFEo.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock