PIL against free access to sporting events being restricted to DD network

Sarkar

Reaction score
The petition has sought setting aside of Section 3(1) of the Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharati) Act of 2007, also known as the Sports Act, to the extent it restricts retransmission of live broadcasting of sporting events of national importance by Doordarshan (DD) to its terrestrial and Direct-to-Home (DTH) networks.

The plea has claimed that the restriction defeats the entire purpose behind enacting the Sports Act as the provision under challenge is against public interest.

PIL against free access to sporting events being restricted to DD network

In the end Star Sports would be forced to convert to a FTA channel.

In the end Star Sports would be forced to convert to a FTA channel.
That's not gonna happen. Plea is for allowing Doordarshan to show live sports. Star will continue to be paid, people will pay for their commentary as they have separate channels for English and Hindi, also they have HD feed.

Last edited:
That's not gonna happen. Plea is for allowing Doordarshan to show live sports. Star will continue to be paid, people will pay for their commentary as they have separate channels for English and Hindi, also they have HD feed.
If I get sports for free in HD. I ain't paying for premium commentary unless Star decides to go adfree.

Don't worry guys. Already a huge trade war is going on between India and USA. So if India hurt USA then Trump will ensure India will get a bigger puch in return. And not to forget that India is hugely dependent on Export to USA. So no India govt (Congress or BJP)will want huge tariff imposed by Trump on Indian products.

So Nothing will happen. This is just PIL which will be dismissed soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock