Good News MIB directs broadcasters to carry ticker about DD Sports during live coverage of key sporting events

Sports Act has been there since 2007, since then, I feel for the first time Supreme Court has got it right by prohibiting DD to share live signals of shared telecasts to Pay TV

If i read that correctly then court did not prohibit DD infact DD was not the party involved in that case. Case was between star India vs union of India regarding confusion which aries because if two opposite laws. So ourt asked distributer to block DD chs on their platform. So many distributer block it and many don't block it.

If it was DD (according to you) who block it then feed would be blocked for all distributer

Last edited:
If i read that correctly then court did not prohibit DD infact DD was not the party involved in that case. Case was between star India vs union of India regarding confusion which aries because if two opposite laws. So ourt asked distributer to block DD chs on their platform. So many distributer block it and many don't block it.

If it was DD (according to you) who block it then feed would be blocked for all distributer

Supreme Court has directed Prasar Bharati, parent body of DD, not to share the live content recieved under sports act with private broadcasters. And Yes DD is supposed yo block the feed from its own side, which it seems, DD hasn't done yet, so private operators, in order to avoid any controversy, block it from their side.

Edit: The Court hasn't prohibited, in fact the clause saying that the signals are only for DD's own DTH and Terrestrial networks was there since the inception of sports act. All these years DD misused the fact that DD National is a must carry channel, by carrying shared broadcasts on it, the court just reminded that it shouldn't happen anymore
Prasar Bharati Cannot Re-Transmit Live Sporting Events To Pvt Cable Operators , Says SC [Read Judgment] | Live Law

Last edited:
Supreme Court has directed Prasar Bharati, parent body of DD, not to share the live content recieved under sports act with private broadcasters. And Yes DD is supposed yo block the feed from its own side, which it seems, DD hasn't done yet, so private operators, in order to avoid any controversy, block it from their side.

Edit: The Court hasn't prohibited, in fact the clause saying that the signals are only for DD's own DTH and Terrestrial networks was there since the inception of sports act. All these years DD misused the fact that DD National is a must carry channel, by carrying shared broadcasts on it, the court just reminded that it shouldn't happen anymore
Prasar Bharati Cannot Re-Transmit Live Sporting Events To Pvt Cable Operators , Says SC [Read Judgment] | Live Law

So are you saying DD can be charged with contempt of supreme court order and Prasar Bharati management board will land in Jail for this reason ?

It seems unbelievable to me that an IAS officer will commit such silly mistake and ruin his entire life.

Last edited:
So are you saying DD can be charged with contempt of supreme court order and Prasar Bharati management board will land in Jail for this reason ?

It seems unbelievable to me that an IAS officer will commit such silly mistake and ruin his entire life.
being a state owned autonomous body, prasar bharati is aware of the loopholes and knows how to use them into their benefits

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock