• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,079

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
CHANDIGARH: Former Haryana home minister Gopal Kanda may have resigned from the state Cabinet after Geetika Sharma named him in her suicide note, but Kanda is still a minister - on Facebook.

Kanda's Facebook account continues to describe him as minister of state for home, industries and urban local bodies (independent charge).

Following Geetika Sharma's suicide on August 5, only three of his friends on Facbook -- out of 4,721 - commented on his profile photo, extending their support. No posts, however, are visible on his Facebook "wall".

Top politicians, government officials, academicians, journalists and relatives feature in his long list of friends.

Kanda has uploaded three profile photos on his account, which are "liked" by 10 of his friends.

A day after the registration of FIR for abetment to suicide on August 6, one of his friends, Nishant Jindal (Sirsa), commented: "Sir aap sahin h .... mujhe vishwas h... .m with u... (Sir, I am confident that you are right. I am with you)."

However, a deluge of hate comments was posted on a "community page" made on Kanda. While Siddarth Munjal says, "Shame on you Kanda," Amrit Oza says: "Fansi de do" (hang him).

A disgusted Ranveer Hooda says, "uff ek or Rathore, ek or Ruchika."

"Now, you will be destroyed .." says Varun Singhal, while Ruby Agrawal says anybody in his place would have ended his life by now. Hours after Geetika's suicide, a comment by one Mohit Lathar said he is a "killer."

Via TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock