Northeast Monsoon Rain & Flood updates Tamilnadu

RE: Water flow in Palar river after more than 5 years with pics

Friends Just now by friend given information that the water flow is increased and it is approaching vellore city in few km away. here are some of the snaps. Right now these place I have seen these flood when I was studiying 4th or 5th after that I am seeing these now :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:sp:sp:sp:luv:luv:luv:luv:luv:luv.

Get ready vellore people to witness near in Vellore bus stand hope it will continue like these. Currently it is in Virinchipuram
302 Moved

IRTtXKB.jpg

blj4OHA.jpg

G9tjn0Z.jpg

Water flows full in palar river old bridge at ECR near KALPAKKAM.my uncle told it as he lives there...

dinee said:
Water flows full in palar river old bridge at ECR near KALPAKKAM.my uncle told it as he lives there...

Yes that water source is different from these one. You know palar runs around 220 Km in Tamilnadu:eek:hya

Happy to hear @amar bro cheers :eek:hya:eek:hya:tup:win:) ..

History of palar:)

Palar (Tamil: பாலாறு, Kannada: ಪಾಲಾರ್ ನದಿ, Telugu: పాలార్ నది is a river of southern India. It rises in Nandi Hills, India in Kolar district of Karnataka state,[1] and flows 93 kilometres (58 mi) in Karnataka, 33 kilometres (21 mi) in Andhra Pradesh and 222 kilometres (138 mi) in Tamil Nadu before its confluence into the Bay of Bengal at Vayalur about 100 kilometres (62 mi) south of Chennai.[2] It flows as a Guptagamini (underground course) for a long distance only to emerge near Bethamangala town, from where, gathering water and speed, it flows eastward down the Deccan Plateau. The cities of Ramanaickenpet, Vaniyambadi, Ambur, Gudiyatham, Vellore, Melvisharam, Arcot, Walajapet (Anaicut), Kanchipuram, and Chingleput are located on banks of Palar River. Of all the total of seven tributaries, the chief tributary is Cheyyar River.

256px-River_Cauvery_EN.png

Palar River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
So now ready to give water to Karnataka :sp

Bro water source starts from Karnataka;) and main area is Bathemangala lake when it gets fulled we can expect water in palar that is what I heared;)

I know ;) just kidding ,provided the romance between TN & Karnataka for water :lol

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
I know ;) just kidding ,provided the romance between TN & Karnataka for water :lol

:lol;):):eek:hya:luv. Praying to god that it will continue another 20 days atleast to fill our village lake. if that happens we wont be having any problem for next 2 -3 year atleast:sp

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock