News from Uttar Pradesh

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 126
  • Views: Views 16,110
Not gonna jump to conclusion about who the culprit is. But this mob lynching mindset needs to end. A random nice person becomes a murderer when he throws his fist at some petty thief and pickpocket. One of my father's friend was beaten to death as he had accidentally runned over some person with his scooter who also had died. I don't know what those people achieved.
Most of our problems stem from fact that our laws and police are biased towards the mobs.People can get away with burning railway stations,buses and police vehicles if they are in mob.High time that this has to end.Protest as much you want but not at the cost of lives and comfort of others.

BTW Lakhimpur has considerable population of Sikhs. Miraculously newly made Punjab CM has found time to visit the village when his own state and has considerable problems.

Most of our problems stem from fact that our laws and police are biased towards the mobs.People can get away with burning railway stations,buses and police vehicles if they are in mob.High time that this has to end.Protest as much you want but not at the cost of lives and comfort of others.
Here is one case of perpetrators getting punished. When I saw this on tv. I was shocked. It felt like men from entire village were arrested. I think cops and courts should learn from this judgment.

Here is one case of perpetrators getting punished. When I saw this on tv. I was shocked. It felt like men from entire village were arrested. I think cops and courts should learn from this judgment.
This should be the benchmark.Unfortunately neither the government nor the police nor the courts have the guts to do so.

Yesterday i saw SC Justice Madan Lokur appearing on NDTV and expressed his views on Lakhimpur violence.This is the 1st time i have seen a sitting SC judge appearing on TV and speaking on something which is subjudice.This IMO is not a correct practice given that the milords have so much to answer and unfortunately our laws forbid anyone to question them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock