Good News Uttar Pradesh to have 5 new airports

Shubh_1733

Contributor
Reaction score
Uttar Pradesh to add 5 new airports, to be inaugurated in just one month.

1. Azamgarh
2. Aligarh
3. Moradabad
4. Chitrakoot
5. Shravasti

Instead of wasting money on air travel. Government needs to subsidize and push railway infrastructure. It's good for environment. Even most upper middle class people avoids travelling by air once the novelty wears off. I don't think airport would be successful at smaller cities. Just see the state of most airlines. They are forced to be acquired by a rival or files for bankruptcy at the end. Getting additional tracks for railways should be the first priority.

Instead of wasting money on air travel. Government needs to subsidize and push railway infrastructure. It's good for environment. Even most upper middle class people avoids travelling by air once the novelty wears off. I don't think airport would be successful at smaller cities. Just see the state of most airlines. They are forced to be acquired by a rival or files for bankruptcy at the end. Getting additional tracks for railways should be the first priority.
Or use the funds to maintain the coaches properly. Rail coaches are too stinky nowadays. Except the Vande Bharat and a few Rajdhani's , almost all other drains have stinking/ uncleaned toilets , poor catering and bedding services.

Or use the funds to maintain the coaches properly. Rail coaches are too stinky nowadays. Except the Vande Bharat and a few Rajdhani's , almost all other drains have stinking/ uncleaned toilets , poor catering and bedding services.
Different factor. Poor hygiene is because of people. Not lack of funds. Right now railway is losing ground because it doesn't have multiple tracks to avoid delays.

My two suggestion for railways to improve hygiene would be.

1. Increase stops at bigger station. Have big toilets at station itself. Atleast some passenger can go down and do the deed. It's stop toilets from getting clogged. They also would need to provide a door type mechanism for the compartments which is good for both safety and privacy. People would think twice before littering and stealing stuff. It would be a big investment. But will provide good return.

2. License sale of food by third party vendors. Don't let non licensed vendors get in. No samosa wala or chai wala will just enter bogies without dustbins.

3. Say no to tobacco. No only it contributes to filthy smell. Spitting is the first thing passengers consuming this does. Charge huge fines.

Yes, i fully agree. As far as i remember correctly had read few months back that even countries like France have now made rules wherein for 3 to 4 hour journeys air travel is not made available and people r being told to avail trains / buses to reach to their destinations....... Creating airports to facilitate easy cargo or regular travel between far off or essential places (where train / trucks/ bus traffic volume is high but still cannot handle enormous requirements of cargo or regular travel) is necessary but for smaller towns efforts should be made for infrastructure to be improved for other means of transportation so that unnecessary deforestation or other adverse impacts on various things can be minmised

Instead of wasting money on air travel. Government needs to subsidize and push railway infrastructure. It's good for environment. Even most upper middle class people avoids travelling by air once the novelty wears off.
Travelling by Air in not novelty.Even the labourers travel by Air these days.
I don't think airport would be successful at smaller cities.
That depends.In Bihar we only have 1 major airport ie Patna which is connected to all major Cities of India.Next 1 in Darbhanga which has limited flights,can't operate at night and can't expand due to graciousness of Air Force.I have to travel 120-130 Kms in Bihar to reach Patna which is somewhat ok to me but there are people coming from places in Northern Bihar like Saharsa and Sitamarhi who travel close to 300-400 Kms to reach Patna or Darbhanga.How opening up a new airport inbetween won't be beneficial for them?I am not saying that Govt. should open Airports every 100 kms but atleast in 200-300 kms there should be airport's for sure.Moreover,rarely people travel within state in Flights.For ex. if i have to travel from my place in Bihar to Lucknow in UP which is 500 kms by road i don't do so by taking Flight.
Just see the state of most airlines. They are forced to be acquired by a rival or files for bankruptcy at the end. Getting additional tracks for railways should be the first priority.
That's different problem.Govt. rules don't help Airlines.Here is what Warren Buffett said on Airline Industry:
The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money. Think airlines. Here a durable competitive advantage has proven elusive ever since the days of the Wright Brothers.

Inspite of all this people who think that Aviation Industry growth in not necessary have the same thinking as the ones who used to advocate against Automation in Industry as it would lead to loss of jobs for humans.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock