News from Tamil Nadu

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 92
  • Views: Views 13,959
Whether Tamilnadu State Transport corporation looting money from People.From Perungalathur to Koyambedu in Buses of Villupuram Depot
Charges are Rs.21 (Express) and Rs.25 (1 to 5) --but travelling time is same. But in some buses of Kumbakonam depot charging Rs.21 , Rs.22 and even Rs.25 (Express). Strange thing is even Conductors not telling the amount while boarding ..we have to ask . Already price increased from Rs.15 to Rs.21 and some Kumbakonam deport buses charging Rs.25:cry::cry: which is equal to charge of Ultra Deluxe buses from SETC (State Express Transport Corporation) .

Last edited:
Whether Tamilnadu State Transport corporation looting money from People.From Perungalathur to Koyambedu in Buses of Villupuram Depot
Charges are Rs.21 (Express) and Rs.25 (1 to 5) --but travelling time is same. But in some buses of Kumbakonam depot charging Rs.21 , Rs.22 and even Rs.25 (Express). Strange thing is even Conductors not telling the amount while boarding ..we have to ask . Already price increased from Rs.15 to Rs.21 and some Kumbakonam deport buses charging Rs.25:cry::cry: which is equal to charge of Ultra Deluxe buses from SETC (State Express Transport Corporation) .

Long back (2011) my stopping near home was a stage so the next stopping was Rs 2 higher and the conductor gave me the higher ticket and when i inquired he said its just one stopping so i have to adjust with the payment and since it was Rs 2 i didn't say anything.

And during metro work people reported on news papers that bus had to choose different route (Instead of regular Ega Theater to College Road via Dr Guruswamy Bridge it had to go via Gengu Reddy Road which was not the mistake of the commuters) and conductor charged them additional saying more diesel expense due to different route so they were asked to collect additional fee as they already have lowest fare in South.

So i believe its better to confirm exact fare before traveling also SETC bus has different fares from regular buses like the MTC which stops at all bus stops so cant compare them.

Last edited:
Few weeks back from St Thomas Mt to Madipakkam its 1 stage. Ticket costs is rs 6 in white board but conductor gave ticket of 2nd stage upto velakal area. I argued and got back my extra money which I gave him. But he didn't gave me ticket of actual bus stop where I need to get down...happened in route no m14 bus.

Last edited:
#sterlite protest and #thoothukudi was trending in twitter from strdy...

Tamil Nadu to ban disposable plastic from next year
However, the ban excludes using disposable plastic for packaging milk, curd, oil and medical utilities, Mr. Palaniswami said.

The ban was primarily on plastic carry bags, plastic plates, plastic cups, plastic flags, small plastic sachets used in packaging water, among others, he said.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock