News from Karnataka

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 93
  • Views Views: Views 14,312
I don't understand the logic here. Refereeing to Social Media Posts.

Some says in Karnataka peoples hate Hindi language speaking and talking. But now see this "Urdu" is mandatory for Anganwadi Teachers.

Why Hindi getting hate ?
Why Urdu getting mandatory?

Can anyone clearly this for me ?

There is no hatred towards Hindi in Karnataka, but Kannadigas are protesting against the imposition of Hindi.

Many essential services are not available in Kannada, including basic services like cash deposits and withdrawal slips. This leaves those who only speak Kannada feeling marginalized & excluded.

The majority of people in Karnataka don't speak Hindi, yet many services are offered in Hindi while ignoring the local language. Where is the logic in that?

There is no hatred towards Hindi in Karnataka, but Kannadigas are protesting against the imposition of Hindi.

Many essential services are not available in Kannada, including basic services like cash deposits and withdrawal slips. This leaves those who only speak Kannada feeling marginalized & excluded.

The majority of people in Karnataka don't speak Hindi, yet many services are offered in Hindi while ignoring the local language. Where is the logic in that?
But English is there then what is the need of Kannada? Hindi is the biggest language of India and 4th language of world in terms of Speakers. And companies are making their products for whole india and not just for Karnataka.

Though i understand that it is inconvenient for people especially from village background to fill the forms/slips in English/Hindi,it is also true that may 90% of the bank staffs especially in govt. banks are locals who are fluent in Kannada and can help these people.This imposition of Hindi is more of a political cause,as long as your mother tongue is Kannada and people in your house converse in Kannada no one impose Hindi on you.You guys should feel proud that you make an effort to preserve your language.
On contrary most of people from North while talking to each other in a town like Bangalore will always start their conversation in English despite knowing fully that the person on other side is from North just because they don't want to seen as "Gaoti"(Villager) type .I don't know where we should go and cry about English imposition

Not Me Idk GIF by Ranveer Singh

Though i understand that it is inconvenient for people especially from village background to fill the forms/slips in English/Hindi,it is also true that may 90% of the bank staffs especially in govt. banks are locals who are fluent in Kannada and can help these people.This imposition of Hindi is more of a political cause,as long as your mother tongue is Kannada and people in your house converse in Kannada no one impose Hindi on you.You guys should feel proud that you make an effort to preserve your language.
On contrary most of people from North while talking to each other in a town like Bangalore will always start their conversation in English despite knowing fully that the person on other side is from North just because they don't want to seen as "Gaoti"(Villager) type .I don't know where we should go and cry about English imposition

Not Me Idk GIF by Ranveer Singh

Yes bro, imposing English is true. People think that after following western culture and English they will look smart. Because of English we are losing our culture and local languages.

English words have already taken control of Hindi. And Hindi has now become Hinglish.

Hopefully atleast Villages will preserve our Culture.

Yes bro, imposing English is true. People think that after following western culture and English they will look smart. Because of English we are losing our culture and local languages.

English words have already taken control of Hindi. And Hindi has now become Hinglish.

This is just wrong. Visit Northeast you will see people practicing local culture in English. Nothing wrong with English here.

I studied at a place where we were fined/word for speaking in Hindi to our classmates.Someone unable to speak English properly was sneered at by teachers and classmates.Parents used to showcase their kids english speaking skills proudly and as a mark of their superiority.Let's see how long this continues.

This is just wrong. Visit Northeast you will see people practicing local culture in English. Nothing wrong with English here.
Why going anywhere, see in Rajasthan. The New generation that learning in English medium schools are already away from Culture, Rajasthani Language, Family values and Relations. They don't know what is Diwali, Holi etc. And same situation at all places.

Why going anywhere, see in Rajasthan. The New generation that learning in English medium schools are already away from Culture, Rajasthani Language, Family values and Relations.
No, they aren't. They have localised theme events even at English medium school. They teach about local cultures at school.
They don't know what is Diwali, Holi etc.
Dude, go out of the house and see which Indian person doesn't know about Holi and Diwali. In contrary they are not aware about western festivals like Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom