Discussion New Content on Amazon Prime Video

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,360
  • Views: Views 564,280
Mirzapur and PataalLok are the two most important properties for Prime Video India and you know whats common in them? Vulgarity, n*d*ty and the truthfulness that exists in our country, if they refrain from all these things than what would be the difference between an OTT service and a TV channel or a movie that releases in theatres with certifications.

We can live in fantasy that our country is epitome of peace and all, but behind all this, these are the shows that break out the reality, and thats the reason they connect with targetted audience.

If you find the content on OTT's embarassing/vulgar you can refrain from watching it especially with family, although every trailer strictly specifies that is it going to be offensive/brutal/funny etc

Netflix India came up with shows for family like Selection Day, Maska, Taj Mahal etc and we all know the end result, they went down badly, the audience for OTT's are completely different, if they'll go the family way they'll be a flop in long terms
My concern is the vulgarity is injected purposefully. And not relevant or not required for the story. If the series taken with out these vulgar dialogues/scenes, the series would have been better and would have reached wider. I saw many series in netflix, hotstar, sony liv where even there is lot of scope to introduce such scenes but they avoided. There are so many apps for near p**n contents like Ullu. They have a separate group of audience, and they wont come in to our drawing room.

One or two random bad words in whole season fine. Same is done on English series. If same continues on throughout the series. It's ridiculous and makes the whole series feel vulgar.

I agree! If we take FX'S The Americans, it has lots of explicit content but the series itself is not going to work without the same. It was trick that was used by KGB during the Cold War and they are being realistic and the series it self doesn't have cussing unless it was essential to the emotions they wanna portray! Paatal Lok as @kumarvishwas bro said handling ground reality, which I agree to a certain point, but Vulgarity and Cussing they have overused imo. If They should have toned down a lot, the main point they want to focus on doesn't effect anyway.

I have said it in past and saying it again. They should just add a censored version of audio. So that people who don't like vulgar words like me can watch it peacefully. It won't take much effort or cash to do that.

I agree! If we take FX's The Americans, it has lots of explicit content but the series itself is not going to work without the same. It was trick that was used by KGB during the Cold War and they are being realistic and the series it self doesn't have cussing unless it was essential to the emotions they wanna portray!
I am glad Star handled it well on tv. Even with censorship it was enjoyable. I agree with you with censorship series like The Americans wouldn't work because of KGB's real life tactics. I wouldn't call it explicit thought. It should be considered overexposed content. Meanwhile Homeland in it's later season moved away from n*d*ty and cussing. And yet it was still enjoyable as it was fictional not based on real life like The Americans.

For me n*d*ty is acceptable if it comes as a part of story and not injected randomly targeting a selected audience class.However,this is not india specific,there are many US shows where you will feel that out of nowhere people will be engaging in s#x.Mirzapur took this to another level even though it didn't had any actual n*d*ty.Father in law,son and the servant all f**king the same women was not required as part of story even though the real purpose would have been to bring out the evil nature of Kulbhusan Kharbanda. Cussing is a very much a part of society and if you really want the dialogues to be real rather than simple "Dekh loonga tujhe" for every fight,then cussing needs to be there is the dialogues.
As for family watching,better check the reviews first to avoid embarrassment.I watched Family man,Special Ops,Bard of Blood etc with my parents because i knew it beforehand that storyline was limited to cussing to max.

On lighter note, I think in coming days we might have uncut edition, TV (censored) edition in OTT platform and AI algorithm to detect the edition members select to watch.

Too much like matrix talk.... ;):D:D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock