Discussion New Content on Amazon Prime Video

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,367
  • Views: Views 565,865
Yesterday I watched Paatal Lok with family, and was bitter and embarrassing. The dialogues are apparently vulgar. In fact such a vulgarity not at all required for that plot. I stopped with 2 episodes. Request Prime Video to refrain from such contents

Yesterday I watched Paatal Lok with family, and was bitter and embarrassing. The dialogues are apparently vulgar. In fact such a vulgarity not at all required for that plot. I stopped with 2 episodes. Request Prime Video to refrain from such contents
Mirzapur and PataalLok are the two most important properties for Prime Video India and you know whats common in them? Vulgarity, n*d*ty and the truthfulness that exists in our country, if they refrain from all these things than what would be the difference between an OTT service and a TV channel or a movie that releases in theatres with certifications.

We can live in fantasy that our country is epitome of peace and all, but behind all this, these are the shows that break out the reality, and thats the reason they connect with targetted audience.

If you find the content on OTT's embarassing/vulgar you can refrain from watching it especially with family, although every trailer strictly specifies that is it going to be offensive/brutal/funny etc

Netflix India came up with shows for family like Selection Day, Maska, Taj Mahal etc and we all know the end result, they went down badly, the audience for OTT's are completely different, if they'll go the family way they'll be a flop in long terms

Last edited:
Vulgarity, n*d*ty and the truthfulness that exists in our country.
That doesn't exist in normal society. People only uses vulgar language during fights. And about n*d*ty. I live and travel in most liberal part of the country. Even here there are high morals on dressing. These series along with those comedians who got metoo'ed are normalising vulgar language which is completely unacceptable in a country with high values and morals.

On a lighter note that Amazon series with the so called Forgotten Army who I liked to call forgetful traitors. Be glad it was INA not Indian Army soldiers cursing. Or Amazon would've been flooded with lawsuits.

That doesn't exist in normal society. People only uses vulgar language during fights. And about n*d*ty. I live and travel in most liberal part of the country. Even here there are high morals on dressing. These series along with those comedians who got metoo'ed are normalising vulgar language which is completely unacceptable in a country with high values and morals.
Thats the thing if you don't want to watch it avoid it, don't take subscriptions but when a majority of people want to watch it, you can't come up and say that this is unacceptable in a country with high values and morals, I guess our country was the one who brought up Kamasutra to the world, were that also part of high values?

Stop judging every content, if you are not comfortable with all these you can stick to tv or theatre content.

Thats the thing if you don't want to watch it avoid it, don't take subscriptions but when a majority of people want to watch it, you can't come up and say that this is unacceptable in a country with high values and morals, I guess our country was the one who brought up Kamasutra to the world, were that also part of high values?

Stop judging every content, if you are not comfortable with all these you can stick to tv or theatre content.
Comparison with Kamasutra is ridiculous. Coitus is natural cause and the book is for personal use. I don't think anyone considers it vulgar. It's a book of science.

Meanwhile calling someone that they have relations with their mother and sister in the name of being edgy is ridiculous and vulgar. I don't get how a normal person finds it acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock