Breaking Netflix gets rid of its 30-Day Free Trial in India

This is pure rubbish. Netflix has invested highest among OTT providers for just local Indian content.

Shows like Sacred Games, Leila didn't fell from sky. It required heavy investment. Now try justifying how didn't they spend any penny.
You can count the shows in one hans. On the other side Prime video offered in thousands of such shows. I still strongly feel Netflix NOT worth for what we pay..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotstar, Voot, Zee5 produces regional content but we won't bring them on a discussion on comparison of Netflix to them. Why? They are cheap and has regional audios too. Prime relies on making money off e-commerce platform and traditional tv network's streaming platform relies on syndicate content from their tv. Netflix invest 1000s of crores. They need them back.

Meanwhile all these hatred towards Netflix needs to end because of its subscription rates. It's like hating Champions League for not being able to afford Champions League tickets. Go support your local i-League. They have good football too until you are able to afford tickets to Wembley.

Meanwhile all these hatred towards Netflix needs to end because of its subscription rates. It's like hating Champions League for not being able to afford Champions League tickets. Go support your local i-League. They have good football too until you are able to afford tickets to Wembley.

My ₹ 250 worth watch also tells me the time accurately. :)

We are not talking against you. Just saying that Netflix does not care about Indians. I see no reason you get agitated about it. That is my humble opinion.

My ₹ 250 worth watch also tells me the time accurately. :)

We are not talking against you. Just saying that Netflix does not care about Indians. I see no reason you get agitated about it. That is my humble opinion.
Off topic : That wasn't meant for any user in particular. And I am sorry when I was being too harsh about those homophobic content before. I read it in a wrong tone. Even I sometime don't appreciate too much exploition on web content. As something might be normal for some and different for others. It's your freedom of choice everyone doesn't have to like everything. I apologise. 💐

Hotstar, Voot, Zee5 produces regional content but we won't bring them on a discussion on comparison of Netflix to them. Why? They are cheap and has regional audios too. Prime relies on making money off e-commerce platform and traditional tv network's streaming platform relies on syndicate content from their tv. Netflix invest 1000s of crores. They need them back.

It is not hatred towards Netflix, there are positive things too like better picture quality and audio quality, But as a Indian subscriber I feel that the poor availability of local contents and regional audios makes me dissatisfied.. That too for south people looking for Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam contents and their audios, Netflix is totally worthless. Even free contents from Zee5, Sunnxt, SonyLiv, MX Player TV, etc are better suiting than Netflix.

It is not hatred towards Netflix, there are positive things too like better picture quality and audio quality, But as a Indian subscriber I feel that the poor availability of local contents and regional audios makes me dissatisfied.. That too for south people looking for Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam contents and their audios, Netflix is totally worthless. Even free contents from Zee5, Sunnxt, SonyLiv, MX Player TV, etc are better suiting than Netflix.
I still agree and disagree on that. Netflix and Prime Video produces less quantity but good quality content. Meanwhile Zee5 and MX Player are producing too much content.

so far using Netflix to watch global content and there nobody can beat them, Netflix is best
Yes right now it is best ...but Once Disney+ and HBO max launches It's sites completely then Netflix will started to loose It's game because in states...People don't subscribe just for the original content , they subscribe to get almost all the movies/shows available which Netflix has now and Disney already started to get there movies back and soon WB (HBO) will do the same...
Finally Netflix only Plus point is R rated movies , and that to now new comers will WB over Netflix

For local Indian content I like Alt Balaji the most. Especially after the partnership with Zee5 they have been producing high quality content, shows like Fitrat, broken but beautiful, etc and the subscription price is the lowest in the market at just 300rs for the annual subscription. Some of the Hotstar specials like City of dreams, criminal justice etc are also good. In Zee5 originals I liked Kaafir the most. Among international players no doubt Amazon produces way better local Indian shows than Netflix, I prefer Mirzapur over Sacred games. Tried watching House arrest on Netflix and found it in real poor taste for an original from such a big name.
Netflix is good only if you enjoy American TV shows and originals and don't mind paying a premium price for the same. Netflix knows what it's target audience is and it dishes out content to suite their appetite only.
For local premium content best option is to subscribe to Hotstar VIP at 365 annual and Zee5 through IRCTC at 589 annual which will also give free access to entire alt Balaji catalogue. And if you don't mind spending just a little extra then 999 for annual Amazon prime isn't bad either.

I still agree and disagree on that. Netflix and Prime Video produces less quantity but good quality content. Meanwhile Zee5 and MX Player are producing too much content.
I am inline with this point. Why dont they (hotstar, zee) invest on quality than investing so much on content. I am tired of following with them to bring the quality first:wall:

I am inline with this point. Why dont they (hotstar, zee) invest on quality than investing so much on content. I am tired of following with them to bring the quality first:wall:
Bro Quality can't help everyday they need quantity as well to sustain for a long period.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock