Breaking Netflix added on Jio Fiber STB

Another information I have noticed in the Netflix app in Jio STB is that 4k/HDR titles are playing in 1080. The same are playing in 2160p in my Samsung 4k TV. Can someone please confirm the same.
I have escalated this issue with Netflix team right away. I had checked the resolution by pressing information icon on the remote. Experts may be able to shed more light on this.

Another information I have noticed in the Netflix app in Jio STB is that 4k/HDR titles are playing in 1080. The same are playing in 2160p in my Samsung 4k TV. Can someone please confirm the same.
I have escalated this issue with Netflix team right away. I had checked the resolution by pressing information icon on the remote. Experts may be able to shed more light on this.
Most of the People here are with no Netflix yet on their STB.😅🙈 So maybe you can wait for sometime before posting this query.

What is your STB model number?

Please check the Resolution Settings of your STB and make sure that 2160p is available as an option, and is not capped at 1080p like it is for a few of us, who were provided with older model JIO STBs that were installed last year. These STBs have a Resolution Cap of 1080p.

What is your STB model number?

Please check the Resolution Settings of your STB and make sure that 2160p is available as an option, and is not capped at 1080p like it is for a few of us, who were provided with older model JIO STBs that were installed last year. These STBs have a Resolution Cap of 1080p.
Check 4k videos on YouTube, are you able to run them on higher resolution?

Yes, YouTube 4k videos play fine. It seems to be HDCP 2.2 problem. If your 4k TV doesn't support HDCP 2.2 standards Netflix 4k titles will play in 1080 only. But what I found was for last couple of days, when I switch on my STB in the morning and play Netflix, 4k video shows 2160 resolution. I had checked HDCP details in hotstar 4k as you get to know the details there.
If my STB restart post which I am not able to play Netflix 4k again for whole day. Also HDCP details show connected device as 1.x

That means STB is 4k supported. It's just that certain apps have some restrictions while playing through Jio STB.

So according to my most recent conversation with JioCare, October 3rd is what they are saying for Netflix to show up on my STB. I wonder how it is fair to people who have paid a premium just to get the plan with a bundled Netflix subscription.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock