Seeking Help Need to Buy a Graphics Card

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wish to play games like Call Of Duty World At War, GTA 5, etc which have high Graphics. I dont have any much idea about Graphics card, and what Desktop/motherboads they support in. I dont have budget to buy new Desktop.

My existing PC is a assembled PC running:

RAM: 3 GB DDR2
CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz, 2.10 GHz
Hardisk: 500 GB

Pls suggest which Graphics Card i can go for, Budget is 3.5k

These specs are 10-12 years old bro, better save money for your new pc, If you still want to buy then go for 710, that's what it will run. Anything above will be overkill

These specs are 10-12 years old bro, better save money for your new pc, If you still want to buy then go for 710, that's what it will run. Anything above will be overkill

what is 710 ???

Did u mean this one :

Amazon.in: Buy Gigabyte Geforce GT710 Low Profile Ver Online at Low Prices in India | Gigabyte Reviews & Ratings

Amazon.in: Buy Gigabyte GeForce GV-N710D3-2GL 2GB PCI-Express Graphics Card (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | Gigabyte Reviews & Ratings

Last edited:
I doubt this 32 bit system will suffice. You need to spend good amount of money on processor, GPU. About 50k will get you a descent desktop.

I have Asus 1050Ti 4GB but don't think your motherboard will support it. I got it for ₹12K in July

Last edited:
For playing heavy PC games, the graphics card is not isn't the only important thing it's the CPU too.
With the above CPU even with any graphic card, heavy games will not run smoothly because the old CPU cores and clock speed will reach the threshold.

Zeus Mini EVO A200
Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor
AMD RX 560 2GB Graphics
16GB DDR4/2666MHz RAM
GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO WiFi mini ITX Mobo
120GB WD SSD + 2TB HDD Combo
Zeus Mini II mITX Gaming Case

What about investing in a new pc with above config or similar and keeping your old oc as a backup or maybe selling it. Cuz its not just the GPU you would need good Processor and Ram too for getting goos experience. Otherwise you'll be frustrated with the performance.

You can install any graphics card. It'll work, but make sure:
1. Your motherboard has PCIe x16 slot. (most probably it'll have)
2. Enough space to fit graphics card inside CPU
3. PSU. Your PSU should be powerful enough to power graphics card. Some graphics card require power directly from PSU and some can work using power from motherboard.

My existing PC is a assembled PC running:

RAM: 3 GB DDR2
CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz, 2.10 GHz
Hardisk: 500 GB

If you want, you may upgrade your CPU to C2D or C2Quad. These processor are available at amazon at very cheap price and can boost performance. (Check your motherboard specs before buying)
You can upgrade ram to 4GB. You'll get 2GB ram at less than Rs. 500 from amazon. You can swap 1GB card with 2GB.

Btw, what's your motherboard model :huh:

Note: Even if you install the latest graphics card, the performance will not be great. You can check the video 👇But you can play C2D supported games it should work fine.

Source

Yes it is but I suggest you not to buy this, it won't be able to run any new game since your whole pc needs up gradation. Better build a new pc. Go for ryzen 3 2200g build

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock