Seeking Help need suggestion regarding Railwire

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
as BSNL gave me ultimate frustration and nightmare, I ditched BSNL ADSL connection and called for Railwire. as my area is full of central Govt housing so he need permission to bring the optic fibre. If he get the required permission , he will give me connection, he demanded ₹3500 as installation charge with out Router. I am decided to go with following plan.

50 Mbps4491000 GB2 Mbps

1. I saw few threads where users claiming Rail wire blocking lots of Websites intentionally. is this still happening ? and how much download and upload speed(in Mega Byte-MB) should I get from this plan?
2. online recharge from any recharge portal is possible so that I can get cash back?
3. if I don't want to recharge for 1 month and after that if I recharge, will my service automatically resume or I have to pay any reconnection charge like DTH
4. is this installation charge is too high. here we gonna take 2 connection , may I bargain about the price?

I saw few threads where users claiming Rail wire blocking lots of Websites intentionally. is this still happening ?
Random websites blocking happens with every ISPs bro and Railwire does it lot less these days comparing to what Jio (and it's Hathway) does.
and how much download and upload speed(in Mega Byte-MB) should I get from this plan?
Upload speed is same as download speed.
online recharge from any recharge portal is possible so that I can get cash back?
No cashback facility. If you get a good LCO for your connection with no downtimes and connection backups during power failures that is the only form of cashback you can consider.
if I don't want to recharge for 1 month and after that if I recharge, will my service automatically resume or I have to pay any reconnection charge like DTH
No late payment fee exist for Railwire BB. It will reactivate according to your regular plan fees.
is this installation charge is too high. here we gonna take 2 connection , may I bargain about the price?
I have taken many years ago and then it was just ₹1500 but now price has gone a lot up for all ISPs. I was initially surprised hearing ISPs charging 7-9k (courtesy @Mr.Bhat's thread).
Only Jio provides at ₹1500 now without STB which installation is hardly feasible throughout any city.
I have non Wifi GPON, i enquired my LCO about Wifi GPON. He said he charges ₹4000 for GPON with exchange. So i think more installation fees now is justified due to the accessories cost.

My reply in another thread might help you as well:
@Mahesh Reddy bro, first of all congrats for your your new broadband connection.

The connection stability and speed is upto mark. Pings are usually little high. Connection is managed by LCO (Local cable operator) - you must know have it by now. So if he is good, your connection will work great. In my case, it is same LCO who also provides many other operators including BSNL Bharat Fibre.

You should confirm about battery backup in case of power failures in LCO's area. It creates issues later on if he has improper power setup.

You can check our forum's previous threads to know more about other user reviews and queries.

am decided to go with following plan.

50 Mbps4491000 GB2 Mbps
and how much download and upload speed(in Mega Byte-MB) should I get from this plan?
Mine is 40Mbps unlimited plan...I am getting average download /upload speed 35 -40 in Megabits...In Megabytes I am getting average speeds 4.5 -5 for both...
In ur 50 Mbps plan u may get at least 5-5.5 or even 6 Megabytes...

kHsAFnm.jpg

Last edited:
was initially surprised hearing ISPs charging 7-9k (courtesy @Mr.Bhat's thread).
Only Jio provides at ₹1500 now without STB which installation is hardly feasible throughout any city.
I have non Wifi GPON, i enquired my LCO about Wifi GPON. He said he charges ₹4000 for GPON with exchange. So i think more installation fees now is justified due to the connection cost.
Even the GPON I got is having priced rs 4000/- in online too...But he gave me for discounted price of rs 3000/-
Rightly said that now the connection prices increased...They r charging according to the demand and in rural areas more demand for broadband made them to ask more...

Railwire Kerala - 100 Mbps Plan

10075619869.png

Haven't used a stable connection as Railwire.

1. I saw few threads where users claiming Rail wire blocking lots of Websites intentionally. is this still happening ?
At least duckduckgo is blocked in my area
Depends area to area. Initially I opted for 100 Mbps plan, wasn't even getting 50. Then switched to 50 Mbps plan, now not even getting 20 🤷🏻‍♂️. I'm really waiting for something else to come up in my area
2. online recharge from any recharge portal is possible so that I can get cash back?
Nope
3. if I don't want to recharge for 1 month and after that if I recharge, will my service automatically resume or I have to pay any reconnection charge like DTH
Yes
4. is this installation charge is too high. here we gonna take 2 connection , may I bargain about the price?
ONT modems are costly, so this isn't unexpected

he denied to give connection as he didn't able to manage permission .
So no more Broadband this time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock