My new Samsung Galaxy S8

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 51
  • Views Views: Views 5,689
Here is one simple tip for you --
TURN ON ONE-HANDED MODE
Not everyone will be able to reach the top of the 5.8in Galaxy S8, so you might want to turn on the very handy one-handed mode.
Go to Settings -> Advanced -> One-Handed Mode to turn it on. You can toggle it with either a diagonal swipe from the bottom corner, or by triple-tapping the home button. It'll shrink the screen and make things much easier to reach

Congrats for awesome S8

Thanks bro. One handed mode is available on S7 too so tried it but since it was a 5 incher i was able to touch the full screen. However this 5.7" device i might use it. Useful tip.

By the way, received and explored my Free Wireless charger convertible and LED View cover.

Both are great accessories. I will post snaps of them shortly. :)

What is your opinion of Bixby bro? Do you use it? And can you post some test shots with your camera to see the quality? :)

Samsung Sells Over 10 Million Galaxy S8

Samsung Electronics has sold over 10 million of its Galaxy S8 and S8 plus smartphones in less than a month. Samsung S, the first device of the smartphone series, had taken seven months to achieve the same numbers.

South Korean Chosun Ilbo daily published the figures citing sources from Samsung, who refused to confirm or deny the figures to EFE news on Wednesday.

The new models of the Galaxy S series went on sale on April 21 in South Korea, Canada and the US and subsequently in other markets, including Europe, and will be launched in China on Thursday.

The company is planning to launch the smartphone in around 120 countries by the end of May.According to analysts, given its current success, the S8 could end up surpassing the 50 million units its predecessor - the Galaxy S7 - sold.Meanwhile, pre-orders for Galaxy S8 exceeded one million in South Korea, where 260,000 units were sold on the first day of its release, according to the report.

Samsung Sells Over 10 Million Galaxy S8 - News18

JollyLNB said:
What is your opinion of Bixby bro? Do you use it? And can you post some test shots with your camera to see the quality? :)

Not using Bixby bro.

Here is a screenshot of screen which appears on pressing Bixby button:

Screenshot_20170519_120947.png

I have not proceed to setup it yet.

I will share some captured images shortly.

Last edited:
RE: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active

Samsung Galaxy S8 Iris Scanner Hack Reports Using Contact Lenses Under Investigation

Samsung Electronics is investigating claims by a German hacking group that it fooled the iris recognition system of the new flagship Galaxy S8 device, the firm said Wednesday. The launch of the Galaxy S8 was a key step for the world's largest smartphone maker as it sought to move on from last year's humiliating withdrawal of the fire-prone Galaxy Note 7s, which hammered the firm's once-stellar reputation.

But a video posted by the Chaos Computer Club (CCC), a German hacking group founded in 1981, shows the Galaxy S8 being unlocked using a printed photo of the owner's eye covered with a contact lens to replicate the curvature of a real eyeball. "A high-resolution picture from the internet is sufficient to capture an iris," CCC spokesman Dirk Engling said, adding: "Ironically, we got the best results with laser printers made by Samsung." A Samsung spokeswoman said it was aware of the report and was investigating.

The iris scanning technology was "developed through rigorous testing", the firm said in a statement as it sought to reassure customers. "If there is a potential vulnerability or the advent of a new method that challenges our efforts to ensure security at any time, we will respond as quickly as possible to resolve the issue."

Read More

Samsung Galaxy S8 Iris Scanner Hack Reports Using Contact Lenses Under Investigation - The launch of the Galaxy S8 was a key step for the world&#03...

It is fake according to Samsung, hope they are correct.

New finding:

The mobile charges according to temperature. If its too hot and you are not inside an cool room then it will stop charging at 90%. If you are in a mid temperature room then it may slowly charge. If you are in a cool room then it will fast charge very quickly. All these are tested by me after seeing members posts on XDA regarding this. And it works the same way for me too.;)

Back
Top Bottom