Seeking Help My new Home Theatre Sony HT DAV-TZ140 doesnt have Optical IN port.

@Siva bro. He had a HDMI out in HT. His TV also have ARC port. Then how bro. You remember my Sony HT RT 3. Now it work fine......
No bro. Though ARC act as both IN & OUT, if we connect HDMI ARC of TV to HDMI OUT of HT, then how can u connect STB to either TV or HT. STB need to be connected to either TV or HT to reproduce the sound of TV Channels. If he had multiple HDMI Ports in either TV or HT, it is possible but that too u cannot have 5.1. I think he need to have some HDMI converter but not sure how the sound quality will be?

No bro. Though ARC act as both IN & OUT, if we connect HDMI ARC of TV to HDMI OUT of HT, then how can u connect STB to either TV or HT. STB need to be connected to either TV or HT to reproduce the sound of TV Channels. If he had multiple HDMI Ports in either TV or HT, it is possible but that too u cannot have 5.1. I think he need to have some HDMI converter but not sure how the sound quality will be?
Every TV have minimum 2 hdmi ports.
Here we assume both TV & HT have ARC.
TV
HDMI1(ARC)
HDMI2
HT
HDMI(ARC)
STB
HDMI

STB(HDMI) - TV(HDMI2)
HT(HDMI) - TV(HDMI1 ARC)
when you watch TV channels, choose HDMI2, in the TV sound settings enable ARC. In the HT choose ARC.

Every TV have minimum 2 hdmi ports.
Here we assume both TV & HT have ARC.
TV
HDMI1(ARC)
HDMI2
HT
HDMI(ARC)
STB
HDMI

STB(HDMI) - TV(HDMI2)
HT(HDMI) - TV(HDMI1 ARC)
when you watch TV channels, choose HDMI2, in the TV sound settings enable ARC. In the HT choose ARC.
Agreed bro.But as per him, his TV has got only 1 HDMI ARC, other port is meant for MHL, which I think is for playing content from Mobile. I am not sure if we can connect that. Also his HT HDMI port is not ARC rather HDMI OUT. But you can connect HDMI OUT of HT to HDMI ARC of TV. Whether STB HDMI to TV's other HDMI(MHL) can be connected or not is the question?

Agreed bro.But as per him, his TV has got only 1 HDMI ARC, other port is meant for MHL, which I think is for playing content from Mobile. I am not sure if we can connect that. Also his HT HDMI port is not ARC rather HDMI OUT. But you can connect HDMI OUT of HT to HDMI ARC of TV. Whether STB HDMI to TV's other HDMI(MHL) can be connected or not is the question?
MHL HDMI port also supports, the STB HDMI link, bro.

In tv only, Hdmi arc written bro, in HT its written as HDMI out alone, no ARC word found.

In HDMI cable it's written as high speed HDMI cable E252840 AWM style & temperature etc.

My question is if I connect HDMI ARC port from TV to HT HDMI out & with no connection between STB & HT, will it generate 5.1 surround audio output in TV channels or usage of Audio decoder is recommended?
Sorry bro to tell you, but I think there is no way you can get 5.1.
Only remaining hope is ARC, but if it is there, it will be written near your HT hdmi port. But you said it is not written.
But I found your HT support HDMI CEC.
Normally this feature comes along with ARC.
Thats why I told you to do a research of your device specs. You can also send mail and ask Sony CC. If no ARC, better sell it if you need 5.1.
NOTE: HDMI CEC is a feature in which you can control your TV with HT remote and control your HT with TV remote.

It won't work for him, his HT doesn't support ARC.

@deemah786 bro, unfortunately your model doesn't support any kind of 5.1 input. It's primary purpose is DVD playing and producing 5.1 sound from within. It won't double up as an amplifier. If your purpose is getting 5.1 audio from TV or STB, this model won't do it. Maximum it can do is accept 2.1 channel audio from TV or STB and probably do a lame upscaling. You can use it to get better bass and sound, but not as a proper surround sound solution!

Exactly bro, Now I somewhat getting upscaled sound if I input surround sound in HT remote it's delivering 2.1 sound only. So using multi option in HT instead of surround.

In TV channels when used with both Tv sound & HT audio getting audio like coming from cave, bt when using only HT audio in dth, YouTube & pendrive getting better audio but less audio but somehow satisfied with audio which s sufficient for my room.

Now my question is bro, now I have connected hdmi 2 from TV to stb & if I connect hdmi1 arc port to hdmi out of HT, will I get better sound than using 2RCA cable & 1 audio out of TV.

In that case what I should select for home theatre audio, I ve already selected Hdmi2 for dth, like @rameshsky bro said, select audio from TV & select speakers or how will it work?

Now my question is bro, now I have connected hdmi 2 from TV to stb & if I connect hdmi1 arc port to hdmi out of HT, will I get better sound than using 2RCA cable & 1 audio out of TV.

In that case what I should select for home theatre audio, I ve already selected Hdmi2 for dth, like @rameshsky bro said, select audio from TV & select speakers or how will it work?
There won't be any difference in the audio, even if you connect the TV HDMI ARC port to the HDMI OUT of HT. Because your HT HDMI OUT is not capable of receiving any input from the TV HDMI ARC. It can only receive input through those RCA ports or 3.5 mm jack.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock