Good News My new Fire tv Stick 4k

Sorry for the late reply aman, I was quite busy. I assume you know how to share your hard drive.
in KODI first go to movies tab>enter files selection>files>add videos>windows network(smb)..you should find your pc
if you unable find your PC(which is in my case) then after add videos go to "add network location"..in there enter network credentials.. This will add your pc with shared drives or folder..
hope it will help...if you face any problem feel free to ask
Thnx bro...I'll try that in evening. So it this better than using plex or other similar apps for playingheavy files

Thnx bro...I'll try that in evening. So it this better than using plex or other similar apps for playingheavy files
Can't tell you about the other apps.I find Kodi much more usefull with better interface. First of all it's free, you can find more third party addons like internet redio, live tv channels, other online streaming services etc..
You can also use the Kodi remote from play store for better usability..
Let me know how it goes..

Can't tell you about the other apps.I find Kodi much more usefull with better interface. First of all it's free, you can find more third party addons like internet redio, live tv channels, other online streaming services etc..
You can also use the Kodi remote from play store for better usability..
Let me know how it goes..
Bro i have used kodi addon for live tv. They dont work good even if they work they cant be relied upon.. i dont know which one u r using.

Bro i have used kodi addon for live tv. They dont work good even if they work they cant be relied upon.. i dont know which one u r using.
Yeah many addons are total BS.. But there are some add-ons are very good.. Can't recall the names right now.. Spend sometimes on you will find it or join any of the kodi forum... They will help you
Right now I use kodi only for streaming media from my home server.. You can also install jio tv on firestick

Yeah many addons are total BS.. But there are some add-ons are very good.. Can't recall the names right now.. Spend sometimes on you will find it or join any of the kodi forum... They will help you
Right now I use kodi only for streaming media from my home server.. You can also install jio tv on firestick
I have already spent enough time although havent joined kodi forum. I mainly require video addons for sports and acestream comes to help but its not easy to use. For movies i watch netflix prime video and downloaded content.

I have already spent enough time although havent joined kodi forum. I mainly require video addons for sports and acestream comes to help but its not easy to use. For movies i watch netflix prime video and downloaded content.
Then you can use jio tv app on firestick

Sorry for the late reply aman, I was quite busy. I assume you know how to share your hard drive.
in KODI first go to movies tab>enter files selection>files>add videos>windows network(smb)..you should find your pc
if you unable find your PC(which is in my case) then after add videos go to "add network location"..in there enter network credentials.. This will add your pc with shared drives or folder..
hope it will help...if you face any problem feel free to ask
bro i am unable to find my pc.

bro i am unable to find my pc.
Sorry to hear that..
1. Did your pc and firestick on same network..i meant is default gateway same?
2. Is windows smb 1.0 enabled?
3. Make sure your all share drives/folder's permissions set to everyone
Check those ..

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that..
1. Did your pc and firestick on same network..i meant is default gateway same?
2. Is windows smb 1.0 enabled?
3. Make sure your all share drives/folder's permissions set to everyone
Check those ..
now i got it bro. thnx.
have used plex? which one is better for playing large files? plex or this method?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock