Seeking Help Missing Dolby Sound on Sony LED

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
My Sony LED (KLV-32R412B) supports Dolby Digital Sound as per Specs and It has 2 HDMI in.
Airtel HD STB is connected in HDMI- 1 i/p
Firestick connected in HDMI-2 i/p
in both I/P device , sound is selected as " Dolby Digital", and content is also having DD sound
but always TV is showing Stereo' Sound. Pic quality showing 1080i in case of airtel and 1080p in case of Firestick.
am I missing some thing? Or I m asking a silly question?? :huh :huh

i have asked the same question earlier. @Optimus_Prime

i think u need an external source to get Dolby Output. (This is from other bro's in this thread and according to Bravia Customer Care)
Bravia has only 3 speakers.. 1 Main & 2 sub-woofers. So it can produce 2.1 but cant produce DD output.

it's says it has DD support because of the ARC support in HDMI 1.

its not a silly question...
I'm using tata sky (I'll take tata sky as example you'll understand) and it is applicable for airtel too

Every dth has a resolution of 1920 x 1080i (Interlace) by default, you can change this resolution in your settings page
For example tata sky has 576i, 576p, 480p, 720p and 1080i
If I change the resolution to 720p in tata sky it'll show 720p at the info
....My tv is 1080p (Every fhd led tv is 1080p) but the broadcast of channels are done in 1080i not in 1080p... Thats why your tv shows 1080i.. if you change the resolution of your airtel dth in settings page it will show the selected resolution at the info..For example if you select 72op it will show 720p instead of 1080i...
Your firestick has a resolution of 1080p...thats why it shows 1080p at the info

There are difference between 1080i and 1080p (I is interlace scan and p is progressive scan)
FYI 1080p quality is better than 1080i
Thats the reason download video looks much better in tv than dth

For audio.....if your tv supports ARC (Audio return channel) or optical audio out then connect a home theater system..it should show dolby digital because dolby digital is 5.1 where as dolby digital plus is 7.1 ..... It require more speakers .....you can't produce 5.1 in 2.1 becuse it require additional speakers .....
Example: Assume dolby is enabled and you've connected a 2.1 (stereo) speakers....then you can listen whatever the sound is coming from front left and right but if there is any sound which comes from rear left or center speaker .....then you'll not hear anything....
So, you require a 5.1 channel which is compatible with your tv...to enjoy dolby sound and also to setup the speakers in correct position

Last edited:
hd_vs_sd_resolutions.png

And for kind information for all, The new Airtel HD HVEC box supports 1080p, along with 1080i.
I know this thread is for Dolby output, but just wanted to inform this important info.

My tv is 1080p (Every fhd led tv is 1080p) but the broadcast of channels are done in 1080i not in 1080p... Thats why your tv shows 1080i.. if you change the resolution of your airtel dth in settings page it will show the selected resolution at the info..For example if you select 72op it will show 720p instead of 1080i...
Your firestick has a resolution of 1080p...thats why it shows 1080p at the info

airtel x265 STB now has now both 1080p and 1080i
IMG_20170303_243457926.jpg

Last edited:
Example: Assume dolby is enabled and you've connected a 2.1 (stereo) speakers....then you can listen whatever the sound is coming from front left and right but if there is any sound which comes from rear left or center speaker .....then you'll not hear anything....

without a dolby output the DD option in bravia will be grayed out..
but you can change the Sound output option in airtel STB to DD. then the volume in remote won't work
further if u have connected a HDMI cable of Speaker from HDMI1/ARC the TV volume wont work

And for kind information for all, The new Airtel HD HVEC box supports 1080p, along with 1080i.
I know this thread is for Dolby output, but just wanted to inform this important info.
airtel STB now has now both 1080p and 1080i
They have added a support for 1080p but they will broadcast at 1080i...and it will be converted to 1080p via stb...Its just like deinterlacing

without a dolby output the DD option in bravia will be grayed out..
but you can change the Sound output option in airtel STB to DD. then the volume in remote won't work
further if u have connected a HDMI cable of Speaker from HDMI1/ARC the TV volume wont work
It was just an example....I know its not possible that's why I started with assume...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock