Lionel Messi banned by FIFA, will miss 4 games for Argentina

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Argentinian Lionel Messi has been banned for four of Argentina’s World Cup qualifiers after a foul mouthed rant at a linesman during his side’s 1-0 win over Chile on Thursday.

Messi discovered his fate only six hours before kick-off in Argentina’s crucial qualifier away to Bolivia in La Paz. He has also been fined £8,100.

Lionel Messi banned by FIFA, will miss 4 games for Argentina - India.com

Lol. Referee had not mentioned anything in his post match report neither the assistant . I have the screen shot of referees report to Fifa.

Haven't you seen the video link I posted?

Messi's ban is pretty much a joke. Ref doesn't card him nor mention the incident in the report and yet FIFA bans him for 4 games? laughable

it happened after the match.. as i said the referre did not hear it.. he swaered at the assistant
it was added to the referres report on monday and sent to connembol...
FIFA intervened as incontrovertible video emerged of Messi swearing in the direction of the linesman. It's fined him £8,000 in addition to a four-game ban.

also i haven't watched the viddeo...

Shadow said:
it happened after the match.. as i said the referre did not hear it.. he swaered at the assistant
it was added to the referres report on monday and sent to connembol...
FIFA intervened as incontrovertible video emerged of Messi swearing in the direction of the linesman. It's fined him £8,000 in addition to a four-game ban.

also i haven't watched the viddeo...

You gotta be kidding me!

You hadn't seen match straight away got to the conclusion! Its the matter happened 88 minute and post the incident three minutes injury time played. Nothing happened!

Nothing in the match report, referee for the match heard nothing and 4 match ban 5 1/2 hours before the match for cursing at an assistant referee with one of the most commonly used Argentinian obscenities used by players in just about every match. FIFA gala snub retribution?
Absurd precedent but FIFA being corrupt is not new.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock