Lionel Messi banned by FIFA, will miss 4 games for Argentina

Shadow said:

Graham Poll today said this on the ban:
A FIFA disciplinary committee has watched video evidence and decided to impose the ban, which I believe is against the laws of the game.
The incident occurred in full view of the assistant who was abused and therefore the decision of the active match officials should stand (Which it was not).
If a player strikes an opponent out of view of all active officials, then a retrospective ban should be imposed. This sanction seems at odds with that.

I opine, as a soccer fan Graham Poll must be known to you. Incase you don't know

Graham Poll - Wikipedia

Raja said:
You gotta be kidding me!

You hadn't seen match straight away got to the conclusion! Its the matter happened 88 minute and post the incident three minutes injury time played. Nothing happened!

Nothing in the match report, referee for the match heard nothing and 4 match ban 5 1/2 hours before the match for cursing at an assistant referee with one of the most commonly used Argentinian obscenities used by players in just about every match. FIFA gala snub retribution?
Absurd precedent but FIFA being corrupt is not new.

ofcourse i havent seen the match...
all i know is it was added to match referees report and he got banned..
it has nothing to do with fifa gala or w/e that crap is ...
u can't let a high profile player get away with this kind of swearing that too on international tv...
also afa could have appealed the decision 5 hours is more than enough...
the only people who complain about this ban seeems to be barca rather than the afa

Haha yeah you are giving me a persistent laughter.

You mean appeal when almost team is out for ground at La Paz. Grow up dude! You need sports lawyer and all so called documents to appeal and it's can't be done fortnight.

And AFA is in disarray unlike Barça. No wounder inevitably from where you get the support first.

You didn't reply Graham Poll s verdict! Who is quite mature in discipline wise than whole you and me, the e best English referee in last two and half decade.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock