Seeking Help Laptop doesn't seem to shut down

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I have a Asus X556UF, and I have been facing a weird problem since last few days. Even after Shutting Down the Laptop, the Power LED stays ON and the Fans keep on running. I have to long press the power button for 5 seconds to force shut down the PC. And to turn it back on, I have to again hold the power button for 5 seconds, release it, and then press it again to turn it on.

I have tried every possible way I could find on the internet to fix it. Like updating the drivers, troubleshooting, manually updating Windows, reverting back firmware, updating power settings. But nothing could fix it.

If you guys faced similar issue or know how to fix it, then please help me. Thanks.

I had an Asus R558UF (internally same as X556UF, Asus things 🤷🏼‍♂️) and had this same problem a few months back. This is a sign of a dying laptop. I Could not solve it and in the end something happened to the motherboard.

Don't know what exactly happened, Windows 10 would install but on rebooting it would all go away. HDD didn't have problem per se, something wrong with the motherboard, even Asus officials declined to confirm what exactly is going wrong.

I had an Asus R558UF (internally same as X556UF, Asus things 🤷🏼‍♂️) and had this same problem a few months back. This is a sign of a dying laptop. I Could not solve it and in the end something happened to the motherboard.

Don't know what exactly happened, Windows 10 would install but on rebooting it would all go away. HDD didn't have problem per se, something wrong with the motherboard, even Asus officials declined to confirm what exactly is going wrong.
So no way out huh!? 🙁

I was planning to use it for atleast another year or two, because laptops are currently a lot overpriced due to the pandemic.

I had an Asus R558UF (internally same as X556UF, Asus things 🤷🏼‍♂️)
Lol! seems like my one is also R558UF. But it says X556UF everywhere in the Software as well as in the hardware of the Laptop.

EYgyXQ6.jpg

In my experience Asus laptops irrespective of their price are just not worth it.I am using a TUF series laptop which i bought 2 years back for 60k,my 9 year old Dell XPS works better than it.

It feels amazing when just restarting or taking out battery fixes issues.
It saved me so much trouble. I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows. I would've had to make a backup of all the important files somehow as I don't even have an External Hard Drive. And what if something went wrong in the process.

In my experience Asus laptops irrespective of their price are just not worth it.I am using a TUF series laptop which i bought 2 years back for 60k,my 9 year old Dell XPS works better than it.
Aren't XPS Laptops very expensive? It starts from like a lakh or something.

Anyways, I am planning on getting something else other than Asus for my next laptop. Asus Laptops aren't interesting anymore.

acer Swift 5 Core i5 11th Gen Intel EVO - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home)
This one seems really great. It weighs just 1kg. Has a gorgeous display. Comes with Latest 11th Gen Intel EVO and Intel Iris Xe Graphics. But I wish it was 5k cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock