Kodaikanal | Vattakanal | Review

Baba Yaga

Reaction score
Guys ....A small review on how I spend the day/ What I have seen in Vattakanal in One Day . So It could help You who wants to go there .

Sunrise : No words to describe just Beautiful, from 5:30 AM. ( we have chosen the cottage at highest peak point ).
Dolphin Nose: It took around 2 Hrs for us to reach It by Trek , we stopped at 2 points (looked very beautiful) in between for Photos and Trek is a simple one , Good If you start in the morning before 8 itself because people would be less so you can get good photos at Dolphin Nose.
Echo Point: It very next to the Dolphin Nose just 200 meters away and we shouted out as loud as possible and there is no echo...Others said it was because of the huge fog you could not hear an echo .
Pine Forest: As name speaks Itself...place is visually great and Other than photos only thing here you can do is horse riding off course money not sure how much.
Cycling: We took a cycle for Rs 40/1 Hr and It was great as we go through around a lake passing through all the people and vehicles which is total of 5 KM and It won't be preferably for children as It it is main road.

Food: Can't comment on it as taste differs for each...But I would suggest you to go local hotels.
Cottage: As it is located at the highest Peak point It would take around 15 mins of trek and It's worth it and there are lot of cottages there but mostly they won't be good for families and water could be the problem.
Shopping: All most all the things are very costly here, quality also not that great and we only bought chocolates and that too in the main shop, we known about this main shop because of the car driver.

We missed few places , but mostly you could cover all of it within 2 days.

Note: coldness is damn high in the midnight, So don't forget to take the sweaters

Guys ....A small review on how I spend the day/ What I have seen in Vattakanal in One Day . So It could help You who wants to go there .

Sunrise : No words to describe just Beautiful, from 5:30 AM. ( we have chosen the cottage at highest peak point ).
Dolphin Nose: It took around 2 Hrs for us to reach It by Trek , we stopped at 2 points (looked very beautiful) in between for Photos and Trek is a simple one , Good If you start in the morning before 8 itself because people would be less so you can get good photos at Dolphin Nose.
Echo Point: It very next to the Dolphin Nose just 200 meters away and we shouted out as loud as possible and there is no echo...Others said it was because of the huge fog you could not hear an echo .
Pine Forest: As name speaks Itself...place is visually great and Other than photos only thing here you can do is horse riding off course money not sure how much.
Cycling: We took a cycle for Rs 40/1 Hr and It was great as we go through around a lake passing through all the people and vehicles which is total of 5 KM and It won't be preferably for children as It it is main road.

Food: Can't comment on it as taste differs for each...But I would suggest you to go local hotels.
Cottage: As it is located at the highest Peak point It would take around 15 mins of trek and It's worth it and there are lot of cottages there but mostly they won't be good for families and water could be the problem.
Shopping: All most all the things are very costly here, quality also not that great and we only bought chocolates and that too in the main shop, we known about this main shop because of the car driver.

We missed few places , but mostly you could cover all of it within 2 days.

Note: coldness is damn high in the midnight, So don't forget to take the sweaters

We are a group of 12 travelers from Hyderabad. Can you share the details of your stay? Are there any bike rentals available in kodaikanal or Kodai Road ?

Thanks in advance

We are a group of 12 travelers from Hyderabad. Can you share the details of your stay? Are there any bike rentals available in kodaikanal or Kodai Road ?

Thanks in advance
We stayed in this hotel: leowoodhousevattakanal (many other cottages near to it)

Few additional Details on this :
Rooms: Decent enough
Food: If you want to buy anything need to trek down again for 15 mins ..so take Food Items and mainly Drinking Water...and they will bring up food as you like if you ask them but money will be huge ...for 1 magie (10 Rs) they charged 40 Rs ..so avoid asking them to bring.
Camp Fire: It was mentioned there but they only provide that big iron bowl and some kerosene ...you have to buy the sticks before going up.
Hot Water: They will give you water heater ( the iron rod one which will be placed on bucket )

Note: The above points mostly applicable almost all the cottages near to it as it in on peak point.

Bike:
Our Primary option was going on a bike only and our friend suggested this one rento.bike and bike can pick at railway station road and go to the hill, but not sure about cost, but many others suggested us we should go with car as they were girls in our gang so we opted for it.

Note: Going up to the hill is not a easy one ....especially on bike at some some curves road is very small and almost always buses were passing through at high speed ...if you are very good then no problem .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock